• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEAC's video review of the Hatsan Nova .25

"Dave"Thanks for another great review.

I personally don't like an automatic safety, especially for a extended plinking session. Other than that and the heft from the bottle, it looks like a great rifle.
That safety design and function is pretty similar to my RWS 34 and it really does become second nature after awhile. I noticed Steve was pretty deliberate when taking it off safe. It really shouldn't be too bad to use. FWIW, I had a Hatsan 135 and while that safety was in the same location, it was backwards and that was hard to use. Push forward to take the safety off is easy... But yes, NOT having and auto safety is ultimately better :)

"JimQwerty123"Steve,

Just got through watching your Nova review. Another great review. Thanks. 

I believe the weight would be too much for me to enjoy shooting it other than from the bench. 

I would have have liked to have seen an off hand group to see how the weight affected off hand shooting.

Thanks,

jim 

Hi Jim, thanks. 

In trying to give these products a fair shake in front of the public, I like to try and remove any variables that may detract from their potential. As mentioned in the vid, this isn't one I'd own to carry around and point at critters. With it's forward biased weight distribution, bipod mount, and 49.5" length, I believe Hatsan was targeting the long range open field market with the Nova. 

They've an AT44S or AT44 Tact that's similar in design that's probably much better suited to walk & shoot.

Steve

"dodge3500"Sub 1/2 inch at 50 is great and I bet you could even hit 1 inch at 100 yards.
thanks for the review.:)
Yeah, I think so too. Here was my 100 yard sight in before the one I shared in the vid... did the same thing. It put 4/5 within an inch an quarter of one another and the 5th caught a tail wind sending it high and left on me. With some windless conditions, they all ought to be "right there." 

35b92e3e84a399cb1d02583f9c3fd54e.jpg

If I'm not mistaken there's only a 8-12oz difference between an aluminum and CF bottle. The Hatsan bottle has the M18x1.5 thread, which is pretty standard. You guys complaining about 11 lbs scoped and loaded gun need to visit a weight room. Most rifles are in the same 9-11 lbs range when scoped and loaded. My RAW is probably even heavier. 

"blackdiesel"If I'm not mistaken there's only a 8-12oz difference between an aluminum and CF bottle. The Hatsan bottle has the M18x1.5 thread, which is pretty standard. You guys complaining about 11 lbs scoped and loaded gun need to visit a weight room. Most rifles are in the same 9-11 lbs range when scoped and loaded. My RAW is probably even heavier.

Lol man right on.I got a good laugh outta the weight room remark that I soo needed after the day I've had at work.
I actually like the cf bottle looks more so over the weight savings.
You can catch a refurbished nova on the Hatsans website for 500$ which is a deal for what your getting.
I'm also looking forward to the supernova and the airmax.:)
Thanks

I've been waiting for a 25 cal at Hatsan Refurbs. It's been awhile since one was available. You can get a CF bottle at Talontunes for $180 but it's larger in circumference and shorter than the aluminum bottle on the nova. You can get a CF bottle from China for around $130 shipped that seems the same size or close to the bottle on the Nova. It should fit. There's a guy on GTA that replaced both bottles with CF on his Hercules so they will fit. He got the one from Talontunes so he had to shave some materials off so they fit correctly.

http://tinyurl.com/ycgm34ac

ae52a9525688099c35825b40b8dd36dc.jpg