• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEAC Video - Weihrauch HW44 .177 - FULL REVIEW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called AOA about the moderator today. It is not set up to be removable according to the person I spoke with. There is no "head" on the attaching 2 "screws". But he stated that the screws "have been drilled out with a small drill to remove the moderator". How easy that is to do without damage for reattachment I can't say. 

I had a testy email exchange with PA about this. Q&A under the pistol on PA site says it is removable "via 2 grub screws" but my email exchange suggests that was recently changed to non-removable but they haven't changed the Q&A response. Not exactly accurate on their part.

yep, thats true. 

1544951829_9696374635c161815573741.88096938_HW44 Moderator.jpg

Steve, can you make a Video with a Steyr LP50 HP ?

These new Pellets vom H&N looking good. Price a bit on the high side but i dont care if they are running well :)

description

Our new model HW 44, pre-charged air pistol from Weihrauch: Excellent accuracy • vibrationfree shot release • fast and easy repeating • 10-shot magazine capacity • built in, fillable air cartridge with 200 bar • integral pressure gauge and quick-fill equipment • with regulator • system available also left-handed (against extra charge) • available in cal. .177" (4,5 mm) and .22" (5,5 mm) • well-balanced • two stage adjustable match trigger with manual safety • slip-resistant pistol grip fits for right- and left-handed shooters • weaver-type rail mount • moderator and scope against extra charge

https://www.weihrauch-sport.de/air-pistols/hw-44?lang=en

to drill out screws: use left handed drill bits

: put your drill in reverse and drill it out. When the bit grabs on to the screw, it will unscrew it's self out of the hole

VOILA , I got mine at Menards

Probably not quite as simple as VOILA but I did post the concept about using reverse drill bits elsewhere. These are probably pretty small screws and many may want to reuse the moderator and thus not risk damage to it. I agree it might work as you note but for a $1000 gun people might want to approach that cautiously. Here is the direct text of the second email I received from PA about removability of the moderator-

"It is not we looked at it today it is pinned and staked it would be very hard to remove off the gun. The earlier models were easy to remove."

What does "pinned" mean? If it means they are not threaded but pressed in to place then it might require completely drilling it out. Hard to know for sure without looking at one. In any event he also stated "staked". Seems quite a bit of effort was made to make it difficult to remove, possibly a requirement to sell in the US.

"

Thanks for sharing your communications from PA, with us

That is a shame, that they made the moderator unremovable by the everyday customer with hand tools

I want to get my hands on one, but a Daystate compressor is next on my wish list and then a good PCP pistol. the HW44 is the one I want

Hopefully, they will have removable LDC by the time I save the money for one

The pistol seems to be excellent by all I've read and I will probably get one. I'm curious whether the fixed moderator was a US requirement to sell the pistol here? Can't see any other reason for it myself. Hard to believe that they would have gone from removable to fixed and then would return to removable but one can hope. I'm trying to source one from Europe without the fixed moderator. I don't really need the sound suppression although it would be nice to have it easily available. But the length does bother me. Good luck getting the Daystate, It certainly seems like a nice compressor that should last a long time.

Steve (et. al.) - In one of your videos you mentioned an adapter for the fill probe so it could easily be attached to a female foster quick disconnect and I thought it was on one of the HW44 videos but I've re-watched both so I must be mistaken. I can see you're using the adapter in the HW44 videos - is it this one I've pasted below?

Also I put a few hundred shots through my new HW44 in .177 over the weekend and boy, whichever pellets I used would fly all over the place until the 60-120 BAR range. A power adjuster for the regulator would be so nice.

Is this the adapter? https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Venturi_Male_Quick_Disconnect_1_8_BSPP_Female_Threads_Steel_Rated_to_5000_PSI_Incl_Delrin_Seal/3550

Status
Not open for further replies.