• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEAC video - Weihrauch HW35e .177 - FULL REVIEW

I own the Weihrauch R9 in .20. I find it a little heavy for my teen boys. What is the weight if this Weihrauch?

Its a little bit heavier. In the video Steve said it weighed 8.4 pounds. Airguns of Arizona lists the HW 35e at 7.8 pounds and the HW95 at 7.3 pounds. The HW50 is lighter at 6.8 pounds and the Hw30/R7 is even lighter. Many people say their Hw30/R7 is their favorite gun or the one they shoot the most.

Very nice review Steve, I always wanted a 35 but Weihrauch seems to insist on keeping the barrel latch on only the left side which for a lefty is not a very convenient location, I am sure they could put a sliding latch on both sides of the breech block connected by a cross pin by the thumb lever. In any case nice gun!

I also didnt realize sportsmatch made an elevation only adjustable mount, knew they had one that adjusted both elevation and windage but I tend to stay away from those types now however I may give the elevation only version a try though as they seem a bit more durable to medium springer recoil.

I am currently using the UTG POI mount on both my HW50 and 98, they of course are not adjustble but they are precise and rock solid...very nice.

Well I don't know about other left handers but for me my forward off hand is of course my right hand and that is the hand and arm I use to cock the rifle, it would seem to me to be able unlatch the rifle with my right hand thumb jand simply slide it up the barrel to cock in one smooth motion would be the way to go and not having to reach around to the other side or change hands to de-latch and cock he gun. 

The majority of most videos of the 35 I have seen seem to do it in this fashion...de-latch and cock with the offhand and this includes Steve video.

I guess the same goes for their propensity to put the cheek pad only on the left side for right hand shooters on some of their rifles, my hw30 is left side only and my hw50 has it on both sides which is good but here again it looks like left side only for the 35. I suppose I am hoping the just have a large stockpile of this version of stocks and when they work through them and reorder another large batch that they will include cheek pads on both sides.

Make no mistake I love my Weihrauchs but there are some things they do that just irk me.

Oh well back to shooting.

Of the 3 HW-35's I own ... have that exact rifle being a 35e Walnut in nickel finish. nice gun for sure if your into springers of modest power. * bottom rifle
1592364753_1140632935ee98ed147ce59.93502023.jpg

Steve! HolyCow! What a great review. Your best one to date and the best 1 I have ever seen of any air rifle review. You have set the bar with this 1. U really up,ed your game. Lot,s and lots of content. Practical stats.A huge amount of professionally looking video glamour shots.A thorough description and hands on truthfull assessment. Peppered with instructional advise drawn from experience. The time taken to do such extensive editing is certainly (unintentionally lol) under appreciated. Then topping it all off with some with some very very nice shooting to back it up. I can just imagine the satisfaction from the skill and the rifle in ones hands. Your dedication is really showing dividends.Makes me start thinking about pulling 1 of my springers out side 2morrow,it's supposed to be pretty nice out. I could put off the car repair for later,lol. Oh,,a suggestion if I may. Pick up some green,red ,blue felt cloth to use for some of your back drops. Light won't bounce off the felt and give glare. Thanks Steve.