AEAC video - Weihrauch HW110 Carbine .22 - FULL REVIEW

Puma Carl has a valid point. I did not catch that either by seeing the close ups. Just didn’t think of it. Now that you say that ... sure. But u didn’t bring it up. If this was an entry level pcp that probably would have came up.

one other suggestion.. I love watching your reviews. BUT I skip over the sound test on every one. It is pointless to show the dB meters. I would trust your verbal comparison to a different gun or just your opinion by giving a 1-10 rating. Db meters can vary so much at different ranges. The only way it would be of any use is to go back and compare the reading against other guns you have reviewed ASSUMMING you were set up at exactly the same distance and placement. JMO.

I talked about the poly so much in the vlog vid, I didn't feel like it needed any more attention. The two vids are meant to work together as a complete picture... that's why I always recommend ya'll watch both 👍

On the poly, I saw it as a high tech upgrqde over metal... never occurred to me that you guys would have felt it was anything else. The receiver was so true to the barrel in fact that I needed little correction at 100 on an optically centered scope. Impressive.

Steve

If I ever bought this gun, I actually would get the 12fpe model in carbine, if it retains that accuracy at 30-50 yards. From what I understand it gets a ton of shots in .177. The only question I would have is about how user serviceable it is, or not? I may have heard mixed reviews on this before. It would also be nice to see them offer the very handsome HW100 laminate stock as an option. 

If I ever bought this gun, I actually would get the 12fpe model in carbine, if it retains that accuracy at 30-50 yards. From what I understand it gets a ton of shots in .177. The only question I would have is about how user serviceable it is, or not? I may have heard mixed reviews on this before. It would also be nice to see them offer the very handsome HW100 laminate stock as an option.

I have several 12-14 FPE rifles that are accurate out to 50 yards. Really makes it challenging with just a little wind. Very good idea! The shot count would also improve greatly! 

Thank you for doing these in depth reviews. I'm new to air guns and am looking for some advise before my first purchase. Here's what I'm looking for:

(1) Quite as possible

(2) .22 caliber

(3) Accurate enough for head shots on rats at 20-25 yards

(4) Potential to take down larger small game (squirrel, raccoon, skunk, rabbit...)

(5) Pump friendly

(6) $1200 tops for rifle and hand pump

The pump is going to be the Hill Mk4 w/ or w/o Dry-Air, still undecided if the Dry-Air system does much and is worth the extra $20, routine desiccant replacement cost, and additional points of failure. Any thoughts?

For the rifle, I believe I have it narrowed down to two rifles. First is this reviewed rifle, the Weihrauch HW110 "Carbine" ($900). The second is the Benjamin Marauder w/ Lothar Walther, Picatinny and synthetic stock ($580). If I go with the Benjamin I'd probably add a Huma Reg ($115) and a Boyds laminate stock ($152-227) bringing it's total to ($847-922). Shooting will be primarily from a bench so the weight is not supper critical. I like the idea of having some ability to adjust (Benjamin), but can also see myself getting carried away buying upgraded components. My analogy of the two rifles is the Weihrauch is like a high end sports car that you just buy and drive while the Benjamin is a hot rod you build up and tinker with.

Steve, I know you've handled both rifles so I'm hoping you could give me some quick thoughts between the two. I'd be interested in opinions from others who have experience with these rifles as well.

Thank you,

Wes

Wes, Welcome. I own a HW110ST in .177, VERY accurate with the ammo it prefers at distance you mentioned, I can only imagine that the .22 would be the same. Whisper quiet with the Weihrauch "bonded" moderator. Slightly on the heavy side compared to some other pcp'....I believe due to the composite used instead of aluminum. Smooth side lever action. Mags take a "little effort" getting used to - depressing a lever to install and remove. Nice short shouldering rifle. I don't pump, tank only for me. Quality made rifle, check AOA the 110 may be on sale.

Can't comment on your other choice with a LW barrel, but I did have a standard .22 Marauder once upon a time, decent entry level gun - my opinion, LW barrel HAS to make it better. I'm not a bolt action fan anymore, side lever only, have Dreamline Classic .22 also.

Hope this helps.

Thank you RWSx3,

I think the HW110 ST's cocking mechanism will be superior from my research, probably most functionality will be a bit tighter on the HW. I also think both rifles report will be suitable for my needs but am under the impression the Benjamin could be made to be the quieter one by tuning it down, but not positive. Shot count is not particularly important at this time considering it's main purpose is pest control.

I have a nice bi-pod I use with my .308 target rifle that's picatinny mountable and would want to add a short rail under the forend. Would you consider the forend of the stock thick and ridged or thin and flexible-fragile?

Thanks for the review it was excellent as they always are. Even though I have an HW44 I missed the plastic receiver part cuz I missed the vlog 😳 Just thought it had a cool looking finish over an aluminum receiver. It does look and shoot well. But with all of the plastic the price would need and should be a couple hundred less for me to even think of purchasing it. Purchased my HW 44, it is much like the 110, for $800 it was an impulse buy my bad. I really hate plastic receivers on any gun as the receiver needs to be the strongest part of the unit as it holds everything together and plastic unlike metal has a far more limited lifespan. Still the pistol feels substantial so expect the rifle does as well. I am thinking I will have to wait it out for twenty or thirty years to see how it lasts but I am old so doubt I will last that long. Looks like another first world problem has just popped up. ;^)

This looks like it would make a great squirrel gun. Not too long and more than enough power and accuracy at 50 yards. I was looking at this until I saw Steve's video at Shot Show?, when he was at the Weihrauch booth and holding the HW100BP. Being left handed, I went with that, and I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Another great review Steve, only...didn't the presenter at the show correct you on the pronunciation? Isn't it pronounced why-rock? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you made this video before the show.😉