• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi AEAC Video - Ultimate Airgun Tuning Guide / Air Venturi Avenge-X / 50-75-120 Yards TESTED

I’m getting 170 ft lbs out of .30 and trying to squeeze 200.
Do you use it for hunting that you want so much power?

the beauty of YouTube once posted it’s there forever
You hope so? I saw YT channels disappear for no apparent reason, only to find out YT deleted it for some minor violation of the rules. The one because of a comment a viewer made on his channel. They don't want any mechanical work on any weapon, BP or air rifle. Just put a screwdriver to the air rifle and the channel stand the chance to be deleted.

Reactions: powermonger
This were yesterday’s results shooting with one of my Avenge-X .25 at a 35 yards range. From top to bottom the first 5 shots groups were done with the JSB 25.39 grains exact kings domed, the second with the air arms 25.4 grains diábolo fields and the third 10 shots groups with the 26.6 grains FX atomic hollow point pellets.

With the FX pellets I did 2 groups of 5 shots because I pulled one of the shots in the first group. I would have liked to do 2 groups of 5 shots with each one but I ran out of air, in my opinion all of these groups can be covered with a dime. Next time I am going to try to shot this same pellets at 50 yards, I was using the same tune that is shown in one of the pics with the three different pellets.

IMG_8590.jpeg

IMG_8594.jpeg

IMG_8604.png

IMG_8596.png

IMG_8581.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Netman
These were today’s results shooting for the first time from a far from perfect unstable and unlevel surface. The first row bullseyes from top to bottom were shooting with the JSB 25, the second with the AA diábolo fields 25 and the third with the FX atomic 26.6 grains pellets. If you look closely all the groups look almost the same, despite the first two from left to right we’re done at 35 yards and the last two at 50 yards. All are 5 shots groups, this show how accurate all this Avenge-X are when shooting with the right tune and the pellets they like the most👍😉.

IMG_8602.jpeg

IMG_8612.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Netman
Thanks, it is obvious a lot of work to compile the video.

Now I hope that you will do the same for the .22 caliber, in SA we don't get the .25 caliber. If not, I will understand as it takes effort and time to do a professional video.
I have all 3 cals. The 22 is underpowered for what it is. PA claims max 49 FPE and i had to fight to get it to break 40 fpe.
For example i can run the reg at 2200 HS 4, With the 22 barrel the 25 JSB runs around 800 fps.
Same settings with the 25 barrel the 25 JSB’s run at 880 fps. 29 grain JTS 820 FPS.
I plan on opening up the barrel port on the 22 to match the 25 and see if i will pick up a little more velocity.

I have all 3 cals. The 22 is underpowered for what it is. PA claims max 49 FPE and i had to fight to get it to break 40 fpe.
For example i can run the reg at 2200 HS 4, With the 22 barrel the 25 JSB runs around 800 fps.
Same settings with the 25 barrel the 25 JSB’s run at 880 fps. 29 grain JTS 820 FPS.
I plan on opening up the barrel port on the 22 to match the 25 and see if i will pick up a little more velocity.
2200 psi is about 150 bar. My old Artemis M22 in 5.5mm is set at about 100 bar. (It does not have a plenum gauge so I estimate where the shots begin to fall. It irritates me a bit but it is what it is.) With the 100 bar it can reach 46fpe with 25gr pellets, less with the same weight slugs. But I mostly use 18gr pellets at 35fpe. The valve and barrel ports was set at 4.5mm from the factory (if I remember correctly, maybe 5mm) with only the transfer port connecting piece being smaller. I opened it with a round file to be the same size as the rest. It did help a lot.