AEAC Video Review - FX Impact X .25

Nicely done as always Steve. I can't help but notice that this is not a Discuss / WIN item this time round... LoL... 
Too bad, I would love to see a review on the HP version with the 700mm barrel and perhaps one that you've had the opportunity to tune to shoot the heavier MKIIs.
My Crown doesn't like the MKIIs at the factory set 830fps so I went out and bought a ProChrono DLX after watching your review of the several different units you've had.
I just got it and haven't begun playing with the Crown as yet, but will in the next week or two. I expect that to get the most out of those heavier pellets is going to require somewhere between 870-910 fps which should be about the same for the Impact.

I noticed your using the side-shot. I've been waiting quite a while for the promised GoPro version but still no joy in sight. Hope they come through soon.
Cheers

Joe P.

Good one Steve! Thanks for showing us groups with factory settings. I like seeing the 25 grain pellets perform well because you can get so many more shots at 45 ft lb then the 34 grain at 60 ft lb.

One thing that's detracting from your professional videos is your "shoot ready" weight. Your review is on the FX Impact X. You said it weighs 8.7 lbs "as you see it here ". Well I'm here to tell you that you'll never see gun manufacturers including ammo, optics, rings, recording gear, 3rd party silencers or accessories in their weight. Why, because that's NOT what they're selling and there's NO "standard". My lightest tactical scope with built in mount would only bump up the Impacts weight by 0.9 pounds, my long-range scope with all the fixins weighs about 3.5 pounds. So MY Impact could weigh anywhere between 7.2 pounds - 9.8 pounds. According to Utah Airguns site (which is real nice BTW) the Impact X you've shown weighs 6.3 pounds

1541816104_1886866835be63f286da5d7.45068895_Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 8.14.39 PM.png

You make sublime videos, but I hate the "shoot ready" bit. Just tell me how much the damn gun weighs and I'll choose my accessories!

Thanks -PK

I have the original Impact, upgraded to an X Barrel. I'm not that good of a shot, but can still knock out 1 inch groups at 75 yards. The regulator keeps the speed consistent. The trigger is the best I've ever used, what more can you ask for. And I bought the gun used from AoA.

Only gripe is that $80 for a magazine is a bit stiff. I'll buy one, but grumble all the way to the range.

Hey Steve never was a big fan at FX. They are now growing on me a very heavily. I’m actually thinking about getting the wildcat 30 what do you think about that platform. But will say that was a very nice 100 yard group. Thanks great work

I've been able to share full reviews on both the MK1 and MK2 Wildcats in .25 and very much liked them both. They're not so complicated as the Impact and some will find virtue in that. FX will soon be sending the latest Wildcat with the 700mm barrel and externally adjustable regulator. I imagine it'll make it into the rotation this winter or spring, just depends on when they actually send it, lol. Steve

Nicely done as always Steve. I can't help but notice that this is not a Discuss / WIN item this time round... LoL... 
Too bad, I would love to see a review on the HP version with the 700mm barrel and perhaps one that you've had the opportunity to tune to shoot the heavier MKIIs.
My Crown doesn't like the MKIIs at the factory set 830fps so I went out and bought a ProChrono DLX after watching your review of the several different units you've had.
I just got it and haven't begun playing with the Crown as yet, but will in the next week or two. I expect that to get the most out of those heavier pellets is going to require somewhere between 870-910 fps which should be about the same for the Impact.

I noticed your using the side-shot. I've been waiting quite a while for the promised GoPro version but still no joy in sight. Hope they come through soon.
Cheers

Joe P.

Hi Joe,

Most all the manufacturers booked 2 slots each a year with Airgun Nation's RDW and FX's next one will be with the Dreamline in December or January, I'm guessing... can't do them all, just not enough months in the year, lol. I'll tell ya this though, FX would approve us more if we didn't hold em all to just 2. They've already offered 😁

I saw this new GoPro Sideshot at EBR last month. Thayne may have been beta testing it, not sure. But is was gorgeous. I'm a HUGE GoPro user so will likely try to get my hands on one to share with you guys, and will probably make independent vlog vids on the 2 of them as well. Best, Steve

Awesome reveiw but that fx gauge must be off or your tank...the fx gauge was reading way past 250 bar ....I was surprised you rated the wildcat trigger better but I trust your opinion for sure.

The pressure gauge on this Impact was off by about 20 bar so the vid came across as if I was over filling it. In my experience, this isn't uncommon with airgun gauges. When I visited the RAW factory a few years ago, Martin would go through dozens, and throw away just as many seeking out the good ones. It was a point of frustration for him.

For me, the trigger on the 2 Wildcats I've reviewed was crisper at the break. Not sure if that's the rule for all Wildcats & Impacts but it was for me, so that's what I reported. 

Best, Steve