AEAC Video - NEW Skout Epoch Double-Regulated, Digital/Mechanical, PCP Airgun

I shot this gun in .30 cal. A week ago, it’s very unique in its shot cycle, report, and refinement, quality of materials is above and beyond. My big question is in the barrels and Only time will tell on how they perform?

I think this gun is going to raise the bar and the others in this category are going to be scrambling to compete!

I have one question and maybe you got more info than just what’s in the video. The second “reg” is a “set it and forget it”. If it’s something that you don’t touch wether make it adjustable. And he said the first reg is how you adjust power/speed. What does adjusting the second reg achieve? What are you changing about the power or shot cycle when you adjust the second reg?

I have one question and maybe you got more info than just what’s in the video. The second “reg” is a “set it and forget it”. If it’s something that you don’t touch wether make it adjustable. And he said the first reg is how you adjust power/speed. What does adjusting the second reg achieve? What are you changing about the power or shot cycle when you adjust the second reg?
It’s my understanding that the regs have different duties. The first reg is the low pressure reg which supplies the air supply to open the valve. The second reg is the high pressure reg which supplies the air to push the projective. The reason the low pressure reg is adjustable to an extent is to allow super fine tuning to the system for ultra accuracy at the bench. The factory setting will work for most, but those like impact and delta wolf shooters that want every ounce of accurate from their rigs at the bench, skout thought of them, and allowed it all to be adjustable. Genius in my opinion. Just like supplying 3 barrels for each caliber to allow the barrel to be properly sized to the projectile. no wonder it’s been taking so long to develop. They thought of everything!

It’s my understanding that the regs have different duties. The first reg is the low pressure reg which supplies the air supply to open the valve. The second reg is the high pressure reg which supplies the air to push the projective. The reason the low pressure reg is adjustable to an extent is to allow super fine tuning to the system for ultra accuracy at the bench. The factory setting will work for most, but those like impact and delta wolf shooters that want every ounce of accurate from their rigs at the bench, skout thought of them, and allowed it all to be adjustable. Genius in my opinion. Just like supplying 3 barrels for each caliber to allow the barrel to be properly sized to the projectile. no wonder it’s been taking so long to develop. They thought of everything!

Oh okay that makes sense. The different regs have totally different jobs. One is for gun function and the other is for pushing the projectile.

Thank you for breaking it down into dummy terms haha

I’m gonna be keeping a close eye on this gun. I really want to see the numbers I think we all want to see… power potential and shot count.

Meh... Still not gonna support the guy... Yeah he's been in PB for years... So have I and many others.

If ya wanna know the reason for the animosity, look up smart parts in PB. They didn't invent the first Electro Pneumatic PB.... They did however steal the idea. As well as send C&D orders to multiple other PB companies that closed shop instead of fight a legal battle.

BTW, this is all on record.. and not just my opinion.

Word of warning to other AG companies out there to watch yourselves.

Having been semi deeply involved with paint ball markers 20-25 years ago. All the designer in video is saying is relatable.
As with all pneumatics which is manipulation of a compressible gas, control of such is a very precise mechanical exercise if your looking for very low ES values & efficiency numbers in a projectile launcher such as a PCP air rifle.

I wish them all the best and can only hope the Tech and end results weight equally or better than to conventional PCP tech as we know it.

Who has 1? Any shooting reports? Appears to me to be a bench gun. Love to see some 100 to 300 yr shots!
only couple out and those are dealers.
They had some anodizing issues that set them back. First was an andizing company in south west KY where there was an explosion (do to environmental company truck was leaking when sucking out that companies chemical waste and tank exploded. They are shut down to further investigations is completed). Then little set back in location in TX.

AGN,

Join me in this epic interview with William Gardner, the Owner/Inventor of Epoch Airguns and chief designer of the new Epoch. In this video, he takes us end-to-end through the gun and teaches EVERYTHING about what it is, how to tune it, what it comes with, and all about the tech.

Enjoy!!

Steve

Steve,
Great work. Waiting for my the .30.
Hunter

Reactions: EDventure