AEAC Video - LCS Air Arms SK-19 Semiautomatic .25 REVIEW + Iguana HUNT & Discuss w/AirgunGeeks

This is a new version that is semi auto only.

For those that have the full auto version, look at the video at 9:32 mark, and despite that fact that I had to sit through ten minutes of O.T. discussion and no reference to this being new at all, ( grrr) here it is plane as day on the vry different new selector switch. Fire and Safe. No Full or Semi on this one.

At the 10 minute mark, Steve begins to talk about the semi auto version, and how he's been advocating for it. In all honesty, if that had been available when i got my LCS, I'd own the semi version.

Lo and behold, AOA already has the Semi Auto version for sale at $200.00 less than the select fire!. (also I am seeing LCS in stock for the fist time ever, without the need to pre-order on some models.)

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/precharged-pcp/lcs-air-arms-sk-19-.25-black-semi-auto-only/

So in a way they made a new version of the sk19 so it is more like the Huben. I'm glad Steve is doing a in depth review of the sk19. I really hope that there has been some factory or aftermarket accessories made available to the public as well. This air rifle needs a bag rider and extended lower picatinny rail as well as other accessories similar to what the fx has available to them. I also hope that some of the new stuff if available is backwards compatible

Like many the sk19 was my first dip into the pcp world. Although expensive I hoped that it would stay competitive with what is available out there. It has been reliable for me at least as I and many others like me probably caused the pellet shortage when we first got the sk19.

Have they done away with the 8 mm × 1.0 threaded pressure gauge yet? It would be nice if that could be replace with something better. 

Looking forward to your review Steve. And thank you guys for doing this!

Allen

I am not big on rifles that are SA or FA too. but use a round magazine, and it get really bad with those that in spite of only .177 being readily legal here just have a 8 - 10 shot magazine.

I would like to see rifles with a conventional style magazine, and therefore only suitable for slugs as pellets i can not see a way of stacking or loading from a conventional magazine without skirt damage.

Dont get me wrong, i do not need MEGA CAP magazine, 20 shots or so in .177 should be fine i think.

As slugs can be vastly different in length, i would understand if such a rifle could not use any and all slugs in the same magazine, but i would be okay with buying a couple of magazines to widen the selection of ammo i could use in such a rifle.

For instance a magazine that should function well with 10 - 13 grain, and another magazine that should work well with 16 - 20 grain .177 slugs.

I do in general think it is about time for slug specific PCP rifles in general.

This is a new version that is semi auto only.

For those that have the full auto version, look at the video at 9:32 mark, and despite that fact that I had to sit through ten minutes of O.T. discussion and no reference to this being new at all, ( grrr) here it is plane as day on the vry different new selector switch. Fire and Safe. No Full or Semi on this one.

At the 10 minute mark, Steve begins to talk about the semi auto version, and how he's been advocating for it. In all honesty, if that had been available when i got my LCS, I'd own the semi version.

Lo and behold, AOA already has the Semi Auto version for sale at $200.00 less than the select fire!. (also I am seeing LCS in stock for the fist time ever, without the need to pre-order on some models.)

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/precharged-pcp/lcs-air-arms-sk-19-.25-black-semi-auto-only/
I just picked up a used select-fire version in .25. I almost never hit the happy-switch on firearms, but I'm thinking that long-term the FA version will be collectable.
I'm racking my brain to remember the 9mm FA Thompson-tribute airgun that I lusted after in the 90's. I'll look for an old article on it that Bob Dean sent me a dozen years ago. I'd pay a bunch for one today!

Reactions: CyberDyneSystems