Tuning AEAC Video - FX Maverick Tuning Guide + EPIC RDW !!!

The wheel only has 8 positions with one of allowing access the the adjustment screw. If you continue to turn it it just repeats itself. Actually I am not sure if you can turn past 7 or have to go back to one to get to the adjust position but in any case that is the only possible settings. I will know more when I receive mine tomorrow.

Looking at the picture it appears you can turn the wheel around and around as long as the gun is not cocked.

Concerning the adjusting wheel, can it only be turned within the range of one through 7? Or can it go beyond that in either direction without damaging the gun?

You have 7 decending-ascending tensions to select from and it goes round - n - round... like walking up a set of stairs then falling off the top step back to the ground floor, then repeating from the bottom. Positions are recognized as "selected" when they're at the (6 o'clock).

The HS tension for any number (step) can be further adjusted through the adjustment hole when in the "adjust" position. Remember that this IHS adjustment colapaes & relaxes the initial preload on the HS, so any adjustments made here effect all 7 power wheel steps. Try to think of each number as a different valued step from which the internal HS adjuster can can be adjusted from. The higher numbers simply have more "preload step" built in.

Steve

As far as the IHS is concerned, I just turned it all the way in (CW) until it stopped (it's just a screw that stops when it is all the way in). This is my zero point and all settings are recorded as "turns out" from there. If I'm ever unsure about where I am, I just turn it back to zero and start over. BTW, I read (somewhere?) that it is recommended to put blue Loctite on that screw so that it stays put so that's what I did.

I'll add my 2 cents on regulator settings too. I wasted a whole lot of pellets and slugs trying to tune with the original FX gauge. Even if you could trust it's accuracy (which you can't) the resolution of the dial is so poor as to make it impossible to set the regs with any hope of being near where you want to be or to be repeatable. I ordered the Wika gauge from Huma and it is soooo much better. 

Thanks Steve for all the great advise and info!

As far as the IHS is concerned, I just turned it all the way in (CW) until it stopped (it's just a screw that stops when it is all the way in). This is my zero point and all settings are recorded as "turns out" from there. If I'm ever unsure about where I am, I just turn it back to zero and start over. BTW, I read (somewhere?) that it is recommended to put blue Loctite on that screw so that it stays put so that's what I did.

I'll add my 2 cents on regulator settings too. I wasted a whole lot of pellets and slugs trying to tune with the original FX gauge. Even if you could trust it's accuracy (which you can't) the resolution of the dial is so poor as to make it impossible to set the regs with any hope of being near where you want to be or to be repeatable. I ordered the Wika gauge from Huma and it is soooo much better. 

... just to add, if your IHS screw won't stay in place via tension only (no loctite) I'd be reaching out to FX for a replacement. It's designed to stay put via tension on the threads only and that's not an area you want dried loctite debris flying around. To get tight SDs, ya want a super clean & dry chamber for that floating valve to free-fly around in. No oil, grease, no powdery loctite bits 🤓

Steve

... just to add, if your IHS screw won't stay in place via tension only (no loctite) I'd be reaching out to FX for a replacement. It's designed to stay put via tension on the threads only and that's not an area you want dried loctite debris flying around. To get tight SDs, ya want a super clean & dry chamber for that floating valve to free-fly around in. No oil, grease, no powdery loctite bits 🤓

Steve

Thanks Steve, great to know! I will make sure it stays clean.

Great video and info Steve. Fx should give you the maverick for the hundreds you just sold with all your hard work. I have a M3 standard coming soon and was going to see about adding a M3 compact to my order but with your info, a Maverick might be a better option. I wish there was something this good on the M3 impact. Even if I don't get the Maverick I still appreciate your work

Bob

Hey guys,

... for those wanting to know how much power the Mav .25 Sniper is capable of off the shelf.

60 shots x 75 fpe WITHOUT use of the accessory "Power Slug Kit."

Steve

image048.1628384178.png

Great video and info Steve. Fx should give you the maverick for the hundreds you just sold with all your hard work. I have a M3 standard coming soon and was going to see about adding a M3 compact to my order but with your info, a Maverick might be a better option. I wish there was something this good on the M3 impact. Even if I don't get the Maverick I still appreciate your work

Bob

Thank you. There will be. FX has scheduled the M3 with me for this winter sometime :)

Steve

Bob

Thank you. There will be. FX has scheduled the M3 with me for this winter sometime :)

Steve

I’ll definitely be looking forward to that one Steve. You already convinced me (Last year) to buy my first FX after watching your tuning video on the Crown Continuum. I’ve since purchased 5 other FX rifles. I would have added a Maverick after viewing this latest video, except that I only recently received my M3!

Chris

Bob

Steve

Come ooon winter!! 

Great video, I am new to air guns and the FX seem to be oriented to experienced air gunners, would you recommend an FX to someone new to airguns? Do they just look more complicated then there really are?

It depends on what u want out of an airgun. For those that have been at it a while, they get bored with guns that just play 1 tune. Those that are new to it all find a lot of enjoyment in just shooting an airgun. Depends on where you are with the hobby. Both are fun.

I wouldn't be afraid of an FX for a first gun. Just buy it from someone like SPAW who will tune it for you before they ship it out.

I'd recommended the Wildcat, Dreamline, or Crown.

Steve

Great video and instruction always Steve! Even though I don’t have my first PCP yet, I do want to say thank you for all the hard work you put into these reviews! It is greatly appreciated! I wanted to ask if the Maverick has the ability to put an adjustable cheek riser on it like you can on the Impact? I can’t tell from the picks.

Thanks,

Keith

I could use guidance for tuning my 2 month old FX Maverick Sniper .22

This is the first time I worked on the regulators . I ordered 2 Sekhmet gauges and they arrived today. I wanted to replace both of the Fx gauges and then try to start my regs at 95 and 70 and work up from there. I followed Steve's tutorial above exactly by removing the bottle and opening the 2nd regulator only to a fingernail catch above the screw hole (very careful). I had to dry fire 4-5 times before the air was released. However the back gauge still showed 50 Bar so i turned the power wheel to 1 and fired 2 more times and the air let out and finally the back gauge went to zero. I easily replaced both gauges but then I wanted to set the 1st Reg at 70 and the 2nd reg (back) at 90. However, with the 2nd gauge screw completely turned clockwise in (snug stop of the hex wrench but no additional pressure) and the screw head well below the opening of the adjustment site, the lowest pressure I can get is 85 Bar. So I set my 1st reg to 110 Bar for the 25 Bar Difference. To be sure it was not the gauge, I emptied the air again, and switched the Sekhmet gauges and again got 85 with the 2nd regulator completely screwed in. On emptying the chambers to switch gauges, I did note that the air released much earlier before the screw head reached "flush" when opening the 2nd gauge. The gun still fires pellets well ... but I would like to try lower pressures as i tune to get the flat velocity curves that Steve suggests we can achieve. 

Is there a problem with my second Reg? Did the O ring get damaged? Is there something else I can try?

Much appreciated.