AEAC Video - FX Impact X Master Tuning & Barrel Guide

Steve, Great job explaining Very similar to the crown and your video on the crown was very instructive and this is almost a repeat of that video. My new crown suffered a pellet jam before even got started and your video helped me take that barrel out and get it all sorted out. That experience while frightening was very helpful and gave me confidence with this FX “instrument”.

So I have a gen 1 inpact 30 cal and I also put the new twist x kit on it 700 mm I was told by aoa and Utah air that the guns are the same just the x on the side of gun was the only diff the told me I can sharpie it on Hahahaha and I to have the new inpact x but from what I am seeing it's a different gun inside can you tell me Steve or anyone what's right. Thank you. Love what you do Steve keep up the great work 

There have been small changes through out the history of the Impact. The only changes that relate to the power of the gun are a small increase in plenum size because of milling out the valve housing. They may have also copied Ernest Rowe’s slightly larger valve diameter but I’m not sure about that. 

The change to the longer regulator (now the same as the Crown) doesn’t make any difference really. Maybe it is slightly more consistent but honestly if you are happy with your gen1 Impact consistency then your not missing out on anything there. 

These changes where over a period of time and nothing to do with the change to the Impact x. The only thing the X signifies is you have the new barrel

A lot of Impacts made before the x already had all the small updates. 

If you where going to differentiate between gen1 and gen2 I suppose the change would be when the Impact got the new regulator and trigger block but that was quite a while before the Impact X. 

Looking at the gun from the outside you won’t be able to tell if you do have the new or old regulator/trigger block. You will only be able to tell if you take the regulator out or look under the plate that covers the trigger shear and pins. 

The new trigger block has a couple of bushes that support the pins on the closest side as you look at it. The older models the pins where only supported by the holes they drop into in the back side of the block. 

I am looking for some advice on tuning my impact. My impact is .22 caliber right now and shipped from AoA they stated the reg was set at 115bar I believe (I know the gauges are not the best but mine looks more like 125, I do have a Keller Leo 2 and the adapter that I found on eBay I just have to get it calibrated and I will be able to get an almost exact reading). At this time I have hammer spring set on max and the valve knob is turned out past the third line. I am getting around 890fps with JSB 18 grain pellets. I haven't shot a complete string out yet but from what I've counted when shooting in the field I am getting over 100 shots per fill. I am happy with this but I felt like the valve knob should not have to be open this much to get this velocity??

I am also wanting to get the .25 cal 700mm barrel for my gun as well and was wondering if having the longer barrel would prevent me from having to turn up the reg to get 800-900fps out of the 25 grain JSBs? If I will need to turn up the reg I guess the only other question I would have would be how bad my shot count will suffer when I switch back to .22 caliber and retune for 890fps again? I do not plan on going higher than .25 caliber or lower than .22 caliber at this point so I am basically looking for the right reg pressure to set the rifle out to get optimal performance out of these two calibers. In the future as money permits I would like to get another impact and have one in .25 - .30 and one in .177 - .22. 

Any opinions or knowledge on this would be much appreciated.