AEAC Video - FX Airguns FACTORY TOUR !! Part 2 - Pellet Gun & Air Rifle Manufacturing - NO "Bullpoop"

Airgun Nation Forum,

In this video review, we tour the state-of-the-art FX Airguns manufacturing facility in Mariestad, Sweden. Brand-new advanced Swedish robotics, a brand-new cutting-edge Anodizing Facility, new top-shelf CNC machines, world-class laser engraving, high-tech Sandblasting, and a workforce of 100 ultra well cared-for airgun manufacturers are at the HEART of this ultimate video review & factory tour.

You will see it all here folks!!!

Thanks for watching and enjoy!

Steve

Last edited:
What is a distance between V-blocks for straightening liners? Looks to me about 400mm? I have one liner to fix. Also the bearings about 30mm?

And btw, the CNC machine that makes the liners rifling twist rate - a top secret.
You’re right about top secret on the barrel liners. To their credit though, it took them many man hours and $$ to perfect the process. Many “factory tour” videos are just a masterbation. People that are in the manufacturing field generally learn nothing about processes or special techniques because of the cost to develop a process, of which is fully deserved. I generally look at cleanliness and organization and from what I saw, FX gets an A+.

Reactions: bigHUN and 450BM
O the trolls over there in Sweden have some nice girls, though they do trail Danish girls a little in all but axe throwing and other timber sports disciplines.
Back in the late 90ties we did a improvised 1 week fishing trip over there, and we found out that on Macdonald's in the city of Falkenberg there was a VERY pretty little blonde.
Just one? I wouldn’t go back either! :)

Last edited:
Holy chit! That's some factory! There's good money to be made in airguns I guess. For some reason I always pictured a couple of Swedish dudes sitting in a dingy warehouse pounding these things out by hand one at a time . . . maybe I'm confusing them for the Edgun factory! ;)

Very impressive facilities! I love me some Swedish women, err, airguns!

Reactions: 450BM
I just watched the whole 50+ minutes of that video...I don't think I've watched any video that long on YT ever but watched this one b/c it was fascinating to see how these guns are made! I'm surprised how many people they employ and it seems like a very cool place to work. When I retire from my Silicon Valley tech job, I'm going to move to Sweden and work at FX . . . even if it's as a Walmart style greeter at the front door! Pretty amazing!

Reactions: rcs9250
Watching the FX factory tour was an eye opener as to the manufacture of high quality air guns and much accolades to FX and others like them.
Today as I was getting packed up to leave a hunting permission the owner, a long long time retired GE Lighting engineer, and I started talking about a YouTube video he had watched. The video was on WWII American factories.
No question, the FX video is impressive, but if you have time or the interest, it’s nearly three hours long, watch THE AMERICAN MEGA-FACTORIES THAT WON WWII. OMG, absolutely amazing, considering the technology difference between today and back in the late 30’s and 40’s. Absolutely amazing what Americans did and accomplished. But sadly it was done to kill humans all over the world that were trying to kill democracy.
Worth your time to watch.

I just watched the whole 50+ minutes of that video...I don't think I've watched any video that long on YT ever but watched this one b/c it was fascinating to see how these guns are made! I'm surprised how many people they employ and it seems like a very cool place to work. When I retire from my Silicon Valley tech job, I'm going to move to Sweden and work at FX . . . even if it's as a Walmart style greeter at the front door! Pretty amazing!
I agree, Yenniedn! Let’s do it! In fact, I was scoping out two of the positions- either the trash chicks job(think of the Johnny cash song “one piece at a time”) or maybe the break room stocker.

All kidding aside, I worked a bit at my uncles full blown machine shop in Morgan hill a couple of hours each night after getting off of my teaching job, just to give him a hand as he was swamped and understaffed, and to sit in one spot as an employee doing one thing all day long isn’t for me, unless I did it as a hobby for myself. If I worked for FX I’d like to be in the equipment and building facilities maintenance snd service crew, to make sure all was running in tip top shape.

Reactions: yenniedn