AEAC Video - Air Arms ProSport .22 - vlog17

Questions? Sure! Are they (AA) looking to bring out the MK(next one)? As in these models have been around for a ling time and they seem to not change anything on them. They are great guns, but anything can be made better. Matter of fact, I think that they eagerly made these guns in FAC, when most of us mod them to Sub 12 as soon as we get them. Frankly I think it would be swell for them to offer something that is closer to the original models, Sub 12, short stroked. 

Would love to see a Pro Sport with a TX200 stock, those fish scales are so nice, makes the Pro Sport seem meh. 

Just my thoughts.

Thanks for the video,Steve! I've been waiting patiently for you to put it up. That trigger is known as the "CD" trigger. No idea what in the hell that stands for...and I dont really care,it works Fantastic! Just like the rest of the rifle,it's Easy to work on. For example,the mainspring and piston seal can be swapped out in just a few minutes once one becomes familiar with the process (not that it's a problem with the rifle,the components are definitely high end) and no spring compresser needed.

Lookin forward to the full review.

Mike

I own 2 Weihrauch’s 177 and 22 not here yet but I do love the looks of the pro sport and if that trigger is as good or better I gotta get one for that reason alone. I got my trigger on the 177 down to 15.8oz and it is a joy to shoot. no matter what that’s on my list i am selling my Harley to buy more. just like being a kid again(just cost a lot more😁)

I own 2 Weihrauch’s 177 and 22 not here yet but I do love the looks of the pro sport and if that trigger is as good or better I gotta get one for that reason alone. I got my trigger on the 177 down to 15.8oz and it is a joy to shoot. no matter what that’s on my list i am selling my Harley to buy more. just like being a kid again(just cost a lot more
1f601.svg
)

Dwight, Yes! The trigger IS That good! Looks like there's an AA springer in your future! I have 3 HW's (well,one is an RX2 in .20. Thats a different trigger than the Rekord...but I've got it perfect for my uses). The Pro Sport/TX200 trigger is Outstanding! It's light,crisp and precise. It's actually touted as an improvement to the Rekord unit...and I agree!

Mike

Doesn’t matter what “fancy” / “innovative” springer or gas ram any manufacturer comes out with. To me, nothing will beat the accuracy and elegance of my Air Arms Pro-Sports in .177 & .22 Walnut. Vortek Sho kits using JSB 10.34’s for the .177 and Predator GTO 11.75’s for the .22. Both 16-17 FPE. Out to 50 yards there just as accurate as my FX Crown .25 and that’s saying a lot. I freaking love the AA Pro-Sport!!!

https://youtu.be/vIgEaZkicug

1557081742_6073716195ccf2e8e6fc2c9.62703883_9F1757F4-EAEB-4626-9825-FA65A0799237.jpeg

1557081683_2486286515ccf2e533db291.47105389_4815A84B-4B8A-4C9B-AD6D-A6829D87B51B.jpeg

Hi Steve,

I'm a bit of a trigger snob and like light triggers. 11.6 oz is very good. How light do you reckon the second stage can be safely adjusted to?

You should be able to get it down to 6 oz. Any lower and it will start to have a dangling first stage, meaning, the trigger flops and won't pop back to the first stage once it is taken up. I have a couple that function fine down to 3 to 4 oz. , but it depends on the trigger and if the gun is broken in. You can polish the sear faces and use your favorite slick lube and most will go to 4 oz.

Looking forward to the full review. I’ve had my .177 pro sport for about 10 years and have tried numerous tune kits and power levels. Everything from 11fpe to 15fpe. They all shot well with excellent accuracy, but by far my favorite is my current 11.7fpe Vortek kit setup. It rivals any of PCPs for accuracy out to 25 yards and looks better doing it too.

R