AEAC Reviews - Process & Authenticity

Steve, consider yourself lucky if you have only a handful of trolls and cynics out of your vast numbers of subscribers. My career was in direct sales. My desire to have no dissatisfied customers was an impossibility. The great majority of people are fair and reasonable. There are a few that for whatever personal reasons are not interested in fairness but are looking for opportunities to be critical. Their negativity can never be appeased.

Keep up the good work.

I watch your videos over and over and learn something new each time. What isn’t seen is the actual time you spend shooting all of the video and editing it all together. That right there is a full time job for most people. We are very fortunate to have you Steve. 

With that said, could you please share more thoughts on camera, we all know there’s things going through your head while you’re at the bench. Let us know what you’re thinking. Whether it’s that damn twig ant that just stung you or “Where did that gust come from?” Type of stuff. It will take the robot feeling out of the bench time.

Thanks for your time and effort, we appreciate it more than you’ll ever know.

I am saddened that your character has been questioned. The vast majority of us have never had any doubt in your integrity. Please do not follow the path so many content creators fall into in trying to appease the nay-sayers. Your videos are so good in part, because of the predictable pattern and rhythm of your reviews. 

In short, we love it just the way it is.

Steve, consider yourself lucky if you have only a handful of trolls and cynics out of your vast numbers of subscribers. My career was in direct sales. My desire to have no dissatisfied customers was an impossibility. The great majority of people are fair and reasonable. There are a few that for whatever personal reasons are not interested in fairness but are looking for opportunities to be critical. Their negativity can never be appeased.

Keep up the good work.

Hi!

I'm okay with it... can't be liked by everybody that's for sure. Just with recent events as they were, it made sense to up my validation game a bit. A troll converted will fight as hard for ya as they did against ya. That's the truth of it and with the good things we're doing at AEAC, it makes sense to try to help them "see."

Best, Steve

I watch your videos over and over and learn something new each time. What isn’t seen is the actual time you spend shooting all of the video and editing it all together. That right there is a full time job for most people. We are very fortunate to have you Steve. 

With that said, could you please share more thoughts on camera, we all know there’s things going through your head while you’re at the bench. Let us know what you’re thinking. Whether it’s that damn twig ant that just stung you or “Where did that gust come from?” Type of stuff. It will take the robot feeling out of the bench time.

Thanks for your time and effort, we appreciate it more than you’ll ever know.

OMG, right? Four 12 hour days in the chair editing the late Kalibrgun full review! My ass is numb from it!! lol

Thanks for the good suggestion. Yes, I will.

Best, Steve

I am saddened that your character has been questioned. The vast majority of us have never had any doubt in your integrity. Please do not follow the path so many content creators fall into in trying to appease the nay-sayers. Your videos are so good in part, because of the predictable pattern and rhythm of your reviews. 

In short, we love it just the way it is.

Solid advice Lewis. Thank you. I won't get sucked in but I'm fond of the idea of upping my authenticity game going forward anyway. I had a lot of fun with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAKcvZhMNqs&t=1s

Best,

Steve

It's my understanding that Rifle Ammunition Brazile will be distributed in the U.S. by Predator International/JSB out of Colorado, meaning that all their normal customers will have access should they choose (Pyramyd Air, Airgun Depot, Airguns of Arizona, Utah Airguns, SPAW, etc). Rifle Ammunition Brazile reserved a spot with me for IWA coverage so we'll find out more I'm sure... that is if IWA still takes place for me.

Steve

Steve,

Not to hijack this thread (it needs it badly though) I just messaged Predator Pellets on Facebook. They are waiting for a container. Then the Rifle Brand pellets will be available. I'm still wanting to see your review of them. I am curious why IWA wouldn't happen for you?

Jim the real one, who has only ever had one registration.

Steve , this "jaycie4" character sounds like a troll. Just looking to pick fights. Even sounds like a new yorker ,bad attitude and all . Not even worth the time to try to educate. Trust me , I have lived with their kind for many years , there is no satisfying them , they just want to ride you down. Critisize , so as to try to bring you down , that's how poorly they feel about themselves. You go on being happy with what you do brother. m

Hey! Not all us NYers are bad. Born and raised in NY, but my parents knew how to instill good ethics and manners.

Steve,

Have loved your videos for years. Keep up the good work!

Steve,

I really like the way you work. This is in-depth analysis of each and every rifle you review in order to better inform us.

People who complain about the accuracy of their rifle should consider taking enough/more time to tune their rig until they find the sweet spot. This often takes a tremendous amount of time because there are so many variables.

Suggestion: Once in a while, why not to review the rifle of someone who is experiencing accuracy issues? Rule of the game: EITHER the gun can be tuned and then you educate people, OR the gun is the culprit and then the manufacturer (i.e. one of the sponsors) fix it at they own expense. Would that not be a win-win situation for everyone?
- customers and YT subscribers : education, how to make a rifle perform.
- AEAC : higher trust in the content you deliver; new concept for your subscribers.
- Manufacturers : trust in the brand and in their customer service.

Keep up the good work !

Third party advertising is a real problem in all hobbies whether that's airguns, knife collecting, fishing.... Whatever. I have always said you were the best reviewer that has sponsorship. You have been honest and that's enough. You will never please people enough so long as companies send you things to review for free. I still 2atch and learn from your videos and I am one of the sceptical people who would rather watch a review from some dude with 11 subs and paid for his rifle than some others. You are the exception as well as maybe 1 other. Keep up the good work brother. 

Steve,

You put so much into your reviews. Your work is impeccable. How could anyone not believe what you post!! I for one have great faith in the info you present with each video you produce. You spend untold hours actually capturing each morsel of documentation. Don't know of anyone who goes to the extent you do to deliver honest evaluation of the products you test. Your reliability is profound in my book. We all appreciate the measure of accuracy you give us.

Keep up your fantastic work which is highlighted in each video you release. We can never thank you enough for being so dedicated and passionate about your body of work! Looking forward to your next video.

Highest regards,

Linda

It's my understanding that Rifle Ammunition Brazile will be distributed in the U.S. by Predator International/JSB out of Colorado, meaning that all their normal customers will have access should they choose (Pyramyd Air, Airgun Depot, Airguns of Arizona, Utah Airguns, SPAW, etc). Rifle Ammunition Brazile reserved a spot with me for IWA coverage so we'll find out more I'm sure... that is if IWA still takes place for me.

Steve

Steve,

Not to hijack this thread (it needs it badly though) I just messaged Predator Pellets on Facebook. They are waiting for a container. Then the Rifle Brand pellets will be available. I'm still wanting to see your review of them. I am curious why IWA wouldn't happen for you?

Jim the real one, who has only ever had one registration.

The challenges with IWA began with Germany's Covid restrictions. One must be double vaccinated by Germany approved vaccines to enter the Country and one must show proof of inoculation at the door of IWA to enter. Masks and social distancing are required at the show too. Travelers also needed to pre-register online in Germany's customs data base with their 2 covid cards in oder to be allowed through customs and get outta the airport there. Then there's the mandatory covid testing required by the airlines 48 hrs prior to getting on the plane to Germany and once again 48 hrs before being allowed to board the plane back home... one could get stuck in Germany after the show if they tested positive for one of a hundred different strains of covid, even if they weren't sick... and that could get real expensive real quick. Then there's the matter of finding a covid test center in Germany, breaking away from the show to get that done, then the nail biting for 24 hours until the results come back just 24 hours before boarding time back home. Making matters worse, all the hotels there around IWA re non-refundable just to make a reservation AND cost like $250-$350 per night. Combine that with non-refundable airfare if ya wanna fly first class and one is looking at gambling $5,000 just to SEE If it works out that ya can get on the plane there. And let's not forget 2020! IWA itself can cancel last minute again like they did on us in 2020. I had just stepped off a plane in London 72 hrs before the show when they canceled it. That was a VERY expensive week in Europe for me in which I recovered no cost cuz I had no IWA work anymore. The vendors have much to gamble too... those big booths by Daystate and FX and such cost like $100,000 to build & man for the week and for "half attendance" or maybe no attendance, that's a lotta money to gamble. I feel like all the above is just to much for people.

So already, half of the show's regular vendors have canceled, to include 4 of my 10 reservations to cover booths and A LOT of huge names in the firearms and airgun industries. So I myself cancled my trip late last week too. Sucks cuz I had already dropped $4,000 on non-refundable plane tickets for Katya and I 😏

Steve

Steve,

I really like the way you work. This is in-depth analysis of each and every rifle you review in order to better inform us.

People who complain about the accuracy of their rifle should consider taking enough/more time to tune their rig until they find the sweet spot. This often takes a tremendous amount of time because there are so many variables.

Suggestion: Once in a while, why not to review the rifle of someone who is experiencing accuracy issues? Rule of the game: EITHER the gun can be tuned and then you educate people, OR the gun is the culprit and then the manufacturer (i.e. one of the sponsors) fix it at they own expense. Would that not be a win-win situation for everyone?
- customers and YT subscribers : education, how to make a rifle perform.
- AEAC : higher trust in the content you deliver; new concept for your subscribers.
- Manufacturers : trust in the brand and in their customer service.

Keep up the good work !

There may be a lotta challenge in getting someone to sponsor a model like that, but I like the idea and it would certainly be a lot of fun to do.

These things are always win-win-win (me, audience, sponsor) ... even if the sponsor is agreeable to me pointing out a product's shortcomings during the review, I still gotta get them to say yes to the project initially.

How would you propose I make that make sense to a sponsor? 

For it to work for me, I'll need to be able to collect a paycheck after going to work for 2 weeks, lol. And that would be a lotta work to learn, film, edit.

Steve

Third party advertising is a real problem in all hobbies whether that's airguns, knife collecting, fishing.... Whatever. I have always said you were the best reviewer that has sponsorship. You have been honest and that's enough. You will never please people enough so long as companies send you things to review for free. I still 2atch and learn from your videos and I am one of the sceptical people who would rather watch a review from some dude with 11 subs and paid for his rifle than some others. You are the exception as well as maybe 1 other. Keep up the good work brother.

Thank you for the kind and honest perspective. 

It's been a REALLY tough sell to any would-be sponsor since the very beginning 7 years ago. 

"pay me for my time and I'm going to tell the honest truth about my findings"

From the get-go, I presented a model to these sponsors of,

"nobody is going to watch and or value the video's message unless the presenter is honest, transparent, constructively critical, polished, and somewhat edgy when it comes to the way they're being openly critical of the product"

This approach scared the crap out of most sponsors but slowly some began to believe and take a chance on me, lol.

The most interesting part of the journey has been that some sponsors that were with me previously, are no longer. For those in the audience who have followed me since the start, it's suggestive of who was truly okay with me being honest in my evaluations, and who has grown uncomfortable with my process.

But some sponsors simply don't trust me anymore (their words) or need me anymore (their words) so there's that too.

Best,

Steve