• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA will not semi!

I am currently having issues with my new AEA HP SS .25, and the gun does not semi. To fire the weapon, I have to set the bolt continuously; on top of this, the Mag does not feed the rounds. Has anybody else had this issue? I hope it is a human error because I don't want to part ways and wait, even though the pellet shop sent it in one day.

( It is not the pellet shop's fault the retailer sells them, so I'm not upset with them. )

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Check your power wheel, make sure it hasn't slipped down to "minimum". It should be pointing up, in the middle. The semi-auto action will not work at minimum power. It may work at 50%, but you're best keeping these guns on max power and tightening the allen bolt well.
The gun came out of the box, and I am waiting for the retailer to reply to my email; I am sure it will get handled ( I hope it will get handled.)

What is your fill pressure? What kind of projectiles are you using. And does it still fire the projectile correctly after manually bringing the bolt back and forth? If the bolt doesn't reciprocate then it won't feed the next round.
The bolt function works only once and is not a single shot. ( the semi-title is on the side), as for pellets, I purchased the exact king .25; one pellet has already jammed in there because I only got one good shot. What fill pressure do you recommend?

Most AEA's are unregulated by default. And they are pretty picky about fill pressure. Too high or too low can cause cycling issues.

Even if the bolt does function once, it is likely not moving back enough to feed the next round properly. AEA semis work very similar to Hatsan's semis. Some of the air is stripped at the end of the barrel and redirected back towards the bolt. You can check the manual for the optimal fill pressure. As for the pellets.. JSBs should work fine.

I don't remember what the margins for the fill pressure are, since I got a refund on my HP SS .30 after the valve pin broke after just 2 mag. And parts were practically unobtainable at the time. I kinda lost my faith in AEA after that...

Reactions: cswift1
Most AEA's are unregulated by default. And they are pretty picky about fill pressure. Too high or too low can cause cycling issues.

Even if the bolt does function once, it is likely not moving back enough to feed the next round properly. AEA semis work very similar to Hatsan's semis. Some of the air is stripped at the end of the barrel and redirected back towards the bolt. You can check the manual for the optimal fill pressure. JSBS should work fine.

I don't remember what the margins for the fill pressure are, since I got a refund on my HP SS .30 after the valve pin broke after just 2 mag. And parts were practically unobtainable at the time. I kinda lost my faith in AEA after that

Even if the bolt does function once, it is likely not moving back enough to feed the next round properly. AEA semis work very similar to Hatsan's semis. Some of the air is stripped at the end of the barrel and redirected back towards the bolt. You can check the manual for the optimal fill pressure. As for the pellets.. JSBs should work fine.

I don't remember what the margins for the fill pressure are, since I got a refund on my HP SS .30 after the valve pin broke after just 2 mag. And parts were practically unobtainable at the time. I kinda lost my faith in AEA after that...
I still think it is a good wepon I just wish that there was no issues right out the box, I belive the test fire them before shipping.

I have worked mine over pretty heavily. What is being said above about the pressure range is important.

What pressure are you filling up to? If you are on a “full” fill take the mag out and fire it. See if at a lower pressure it will start to cycle. Make note of this pressure and don’t fill above that.

On the mags I found that when I loaded pellets if they do not drop all the way down I would get cycle issues. The plastic had little burrs and would catch the skirts.

I polished everything in mine and cut down hammer and valve springs. My fill is now 2,300 psi and will shoot three mags. Gun is much smoother than it started out. I am shooting a .22 hp plus

Reactions: cswift1
We didn't hit on the tuning portion of the cycling or the overdriven bolt. While the fill air does have something to do with cycling, you can easily remedy that by using a peek poppet so the hammer can pop it off the valve seat easier.

Also, the bolt is pushed back by the piston inside the shroud. The empty space between the alignment disk (attached to the barrel and has several holes in it) and the piston can be increased or decreased by turning the piston on the push rod.

The holes in the alignment disk can also be filled with inserts (I use spent .22lr casings) to reduce the air impulse coming through the holes and pushing on the piston.

The pellet itself is my last consideration when it comes to operation, I would pick a pellet you like and tine the gun to fire them.

Reactions: RAMJET66
Well, I did have a guy make me a new poppit and so far it's working fine, but just in case I had another guy make me one out of peek. It appears that the stem on this one is a little longer tho, maybe a quarter inch at the most. Will that still work, I really don't want to take the other one out as long as everything is working? And when and if I do need to replace the one in there now and I find that the peek one's stem is a little long couldn't I just grind it down?

Jimborg here is a pic of an OEM poppet for my carbine and the PEEK. It shouldn't be too long. If it is PM me.

20230211_122637~2_copy_627x1353[1].jpg

Reactions: Animalcub7907