• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA AEA Varmint Stock Replacement

I have an AEA Varmint in 25 that I've developed a love/hate relationship with. I love how well it shoots and the power it has for the money I have tied up in it, but I cannot stand the loose folding stock. I have adjusted the stud to tighten up the joint, but it still moves around too much for my liking while I'm shooting off bags. Has anyone replaced this folding stock with a fixed version? If so, what did you use and where might I attain the parts?

I have a few AEAs with this kind of stock and the Challenger Pro 30 is the one I shoot off the bag the most. To compensate I use more top pressure on the stock with my left arm.

You can also try some kind of shim if adjusting the stud hasn't helped to your satisfaction.

I do know BinTac at one point, maybe still, offered a version of the Challenger Pro with a fixed stock, surely due to these complaints. That stock would also work on your gun if it is available. So contact Bin Lu using the phone number at BinTacLLC.com ... he responds to text messages generally pretty quickly too.

I just saw today shims on eBay for the folding stock
It’s the same as the Hp series set up

Look up aea stock shims. $6 bucks as I recall
EE49F447-E3E8-408D-9E33-F5B5553F5EF6.png

Last edited:
I had emailed BinTac yesterday about a fixed stock option. They sent me a link to the conversion part that they sell. I'm going to try the spacers I ordered first and if they don't work, I'll buy the fixed stock adapter. I'll post the link to it below if anyone is interested.

https://www.bintacllc.com/product-page/bintac-fix-stock-adapter

Just an update for everyone on this. I ordered the 3D printed spacer from Ebay and they came in Saturday. The seller sent 3 thin ones and 3 thicker ones. I popped a thin one on and it completely fixed the stock! I had already added a little tape to the buffer tube to take that slop out and had adjusted the catch pin on the latch previously, but still had lots of lost motion at the latch. The 3D printed spacer cured that ill and I'm a happy camper now :)

• Love
Reactions: Perle
Just an update for everyone on this. I ordered the 3D printed spacer from Ebay and they came in Saturday. The seller sent 3 thin ones and 3 thicker ones. I popped a thin one on and it completely fixed the stock! I had already added a little tape to the buffer tube to take that slop out and had adjusted the catch pin on the latch previously, but still had lots of lost motion at the latch. The 3D printed spacer cured that ill and I'm a happy camper now :)

I'm a little delayed on responding because I accidentally had it shipped to my old address. Bounced back, sent back to my proper address after I updated Ebay info. The seller was communicative the whole time (for a $6 order... you can tell he's a solid dude).

I also got 6 shims. My HP SS 30+ is feeling super solid now. I'm glad you mentioned that 3 are thin and 3 are thick. I put one in my Challenger Pro 30 and it helped but not completely. I saw your post, took that out and realized it was a thin one. Just now put one of the thick ones in and it's solid as a rock.

Good stuff!

Reactions: Perle