• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA SS .25 CAL.

Can someone please help me? I have an AEA ss .25 cal. With a standard 3600 lb. Tank. It wont hold air, when I get to about 1000 psi it sounds like its shooting on full auto and it loses all air out of the barrel.. if I stop filling at 500 psi, it will hold it until I cock it, then it loses all the air. Has anybody had this problem and can I fix it myself? Thank you for reading...

I have read of some people having issues with the valve pin failing. But I’m not sure if a valve pin failure would cause the behavior you are describing.

If you go to the the pellet shop they sell replacement valve pins for like $10-15. All of the AEA guns are very easy to work with so opening it up and getting to the valve shouldn’t be hard. Check YouTube for tutorials. Be sure to degass before doing any work!

Reactions: RAMJET66
I have read of some people having issues with the valve pin failing. But I’m not sure if a valve pin failure would cause the behavior you are describing.

If you go to the the pellet shop they sell replacement valve pins for like $10-15. All of the AEA guns are very easy to work with so opening it up and getting to the valve shouldn’t be hard. Check YouTube for tutorials. Be sure to degass before doing any work!
It's worth a shot. Thank you for your time and info....

Can someone please help me? I have an AEA ss .25 cal. With a standard 3600 lb. Tank. It wont hold air, when I get to about 1000 psi it sounds like its shooting on full auto and it loses all air out of the barrel.. if I stop filling at 500 psi, it will hold it until I cock it, then it loses all the air. Has anybody had this problem and can I fix it myself? Thank you for reading...
Have you spoke to the retailer you bought it from. I would start there before attempting the repair myself.

Reactions: SHOMER
Brandon I've had my AEA 25 cal semi auto carbine since basically when they first showed up, it's still got the original poppet in it yet, it seems that the recent ones have been having problems, I even bought me a spare about 5 months ago just to have a backup however I still haven't had any problems with the gun at all. I shoot my own cast pellets from it that are 34.5 grain NOE Magnum Hunters and the gun really shoots them excellent. They do like the heavy pellets for sure.

Brandon I've had my AEA 25 cal semi auto carbine since basically when they first showed up, it's still got the original poppet in it yet, it seems that the recent ones have been having problems, I even bought me a spare about 5 months ago just to have a backup however I still haven't had any problems with the gun at all. I shoot my own cast pellets from it that are 34.5 grain NOE Magnum Hunters and the gun really shoots them excellent. They do like the heavy pellets for sure.
I got mine already broken from a friend so I've never even shot one yet. You called it a poppet, lol.

Glad you have had success with your rifle. I purchased one about a month ago and returned it to the supplier the next day. Neither I nor a friend ( construction worker) could cock it with one hand! I placed the buttstock on a postal scale, pushed down on the cocking knob with the heel of my hand and the scales went well over 50 lbs. before it cocked! The trigger weight was probably less than that but I didn’t want to damage my trigger gauge to find out…..almost disjointed my finger!
BTW, the dealer charged me full restocking charge🤬

Glad you have had success with your rifle. I purchased one about a month ago and returned it to the supplier the next day. Neither I nor a friend ( construction worker) could cock it with one hand! I placed the buttstock on a postal scale, pushed down on the cocking knob with the heel of my hand and the scales went well over 50 lbs. before it cocked! The trigger weight was probably less than that but I didn’t want to damage my trigger gauge to find out…..almost disjointed my finger!
Wow, I cant believe it went over 50 lbs. That's crazy. I probly woulda sent it back also, that's just not right

That sounds like a bad deal right there. I would prefer not to buy from a vendor like that if I can avoid it … can you say where you got it? PM if you don’t want to post it.