AEA AEA "Sonic" 7000 psi ready bullpup platform

Mmmm, no one HAS...to fill to 7000 psi !!!
I'd assume the gun will...work just fine at 3750-4350 psi.

Mike

We agree Mike, a feature that isn't.

A 7000psi fill gun is a pure advertising gimmick at best, and razor and blades/printer cartridge business model at worst (gotta buy their supposed 7000psi compressor to fill it that high).

Aren't welding tanks rated for 6000 psi?

I can see someone filling their gun from an oxygen tank (or an acetylene tank for "extra power") and sending shrapnel (and body parts) over a 50 foot radius.

For .22 caliber pellet guns, 30-33 fpe and for slug guns 60 fpe is fine for my applications. If I want/need more power for a special job I'll resort to a powder-burner.

I'd say that these extreme pressures are just a marketing ploy but then I do have a 4500 psi setup (compressor, CF tank and PCPs) and lots of people feel that 2000 psi is all that's needed.

Each to their own eh?

Cheers!

As a foot note, I've read (somewhere) that beyond 3000 psi the laws of diminishing returns kicks in and air flow and valves become an issue. I'll try to find that article. Maybe someone knows more about that subject.

Found that article...

Last edited:
Uneducated people do uneducated things. This reminds me of the loud boom I heard, to find out later a guy blew himself up filling a tractor tire without a cage, and without sense, which departed his body. This is a true story, and why industrial tires are filled inside a steel cage...the danger is not worth the cost. As MikeVV said,but that is taking into account using your brains, Selling point for what. Filling a PCP with BS will get you more power!:ROFLMAO::unsure: