AEA AEA "Sonic" 7000 psi ready bullpup platform

A little unclear if the specs are still valid running it at 4500 psi. I doubt I will be filling anything over 5000 psi any time in the near future even if I could.

Looks like better quality than previous AEA products though

*WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT THE ZEUS IS ONLY RATED TO 4500 PSI. THE TANK IN QUESTION IS ONLY CERTIFIED TO 6600 PSI AND IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE USA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Let's talk about 7000 psi :)

And in .30 caliber 1400fps with 50 grain ;)

IMG_3176.JPG

*WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT THE ZEUS IS ONLY RATED TO 4500 PSI. THE TANK IN QUESTION IS ONLY CERTIFIED TO 6600 PSI AND IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE USA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's talk about 7000 psi :)

And in .30 caliber 1400fps with 50 grain ;)

View attachment 442896

they filling to 7000 PSI. Just for shot counts. 7000 PSI version cylinders have a regulator could setting 1500-4500PSI. So the gun valve still working under 4500PSI.
But about cylinder and compressor certified is 9000PSI. Just the prototype zeus 2 installed a 6600PSI cylinder. I have ask them. They have different cylinders all have certified to 5000 6600 7000 9000PSI.

they filling to 7000 PSI. Just for shot counts. 7000 PSI version cylinders have a regulator could setting 1500-4500PSI. So the gun valve still working under 4500PSI.
But about cylinder and compressor certified is 9000PSI. Just the prototype zeus 2 installed a 6600PSI cylinder. I have ask them. They have different cylinders all have certified to 5000 6600 7000 9000PSI.
Do these cylinders have some proprietary threading or can they be purchased to be attached to other guns do you know?
It would be nice if they could make some cylinders that can be purchased seperately!

While this looks like a lovely technical development, I'm concerned there may not be much market for this. If you want to shoot a projectile fast, why not just get a powderburner? For me, the primary purpose of an airgun is I can tune it to shoot at low and moderate speeds.

I suppose in the States there are people that can't purchase powderburners that would go for this. In Canada you can't purchase (most) airguns if you can't purchase a powderburner, so there's likely little market.

Reactions: mercado
As far as I know, AEA confirmed on this year's IWA show that this 7000PSI cylinder must included a regulator .
So the output still is 4500PSI. You can buy this cylinder kit and install it on AEA's old style .
For example, HPMAX element MAX ….. these can directly shooting with 4500PSI models
Do these cylinders have some proprietary threading or can they be purchased to be attached to other guns do you know?
It would be nice if they could make some cylinders that can be purchased seperately!

Reactions: doly.the.sheep
Assuming it is rated to SAFELY contain 7000psi (🙄🤔🤥🫣🤨🧐🤔) where are we getting that 7000psi?

Most are using SCBA tanks....don't think they're supposed to be filled that high. Haven't seen any of the typical compressors used by airgunners going that high either.

The 7000psi seems a rather moot point, kinda like a 1500fps springer from Walmart....maybe it can, but it's a "feature" that isn't a feature.

Assuming it is rated to SAFELY contain 7000psi (🙄🤔🤥🫣🤨🧐🤔) where are we getting that 7000psi?

Most are using SCBA tanks....don't think they're supposed to be filled that high. Haven't seen any of the typical compressors used by airgunners going that high either.

The 7000psi seems a rather moot point, kinda like a 1500fps springer from Walmart....maybe it can, but it's a "feature" that isn't a feature.
Obviously from AEA. Search AEA 7000 psi compressor.

• Haha
Reactions: DesertSilver
As far as I know, AEA confirmed on this year's IWA show that this 7000PSI cylinder must included a regulator .
So the output still is 4500PSI. You can buy this cylinder kit and install it on AEA's old style .
For example, HPMAX element MAX ….. these can directly shooting with 4500PSI models
Thanks for sharing! I can't wait!

Obviously from AEA. Search AEA 7000 psi compressor.
Thanks for sharing! I can't wait!

So there's one fill option, and direct to gun, no convenience of SCBAs.

3600psi instills a healthy sense of wariness. Really wild to see what even 3600 psi does to the fill equipment. Peened out male fosters primarily. If 3600 can deform metal that much over continued usage, I want no part of anything that is double that psi. Especially considering the safety standards of the country of origin.

Last edited:
Reactions: beerthief