• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA AEA SF .22/.25 in Compact or Standard

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying an AEA SF for my second PCP rifle. I'm debating if I want the .22 or the .25 cal. On top of that I'm debating on the compact or standard model. The benefits of the .22 is I already have pellets for it as I own the Umarex Notos. You do get more pellets from the .22 compared to the .25 cal (500 vs 300) which is more cost effective on plinking and "Dumping the mag". I do want the .25 cal to have a different caliber and to use a heavier grain pellet on small game hunts such as squirrels, rabbits, pest (Racoon and coyote if it's able to humanely dispatch them), and etc. As for the compact or standard model, I like the compact for backpacking, walking through the woods more easily, and just a smaller overall profile. The standard model, I will get a longer barrel (Better accuracy), more shots per fill, and most of all more FPS meaning more FPE. Right now I am leaning towards the .25 cal compact version because most my shots will be under 50 yards, when hunting we do hike far so a small and light and compact air gun is ideal, and lastly will fit in my backpack (Will fit more easily than the standard model). The standard model is only 4 inches longer... I have a big dilemma. Let me know your thoughts, knowledge, and experience. Thanks!

Hello, for your second pcp I would not recommend an AEA SF. They dont have the best reputation for durability or reliability. If you really want to try an AEA the Challenger Bullpups I think are pretty alright. If you get the optional regulator, they can be very fps consistent and fairly accurate. They have a simple and robust design in my view, but do have a few downsides. They are heavy, and the mags are very cheaply made, and the trigger is not great. But they spit out a lot of fpe and do ok with some slugs. If you want to go after bigger pests I would for sure recommend you go with the 25Cal.

All that being said, dollar for dollar I think there are better values out there. The AvengeX in 25Cal comes to mind right off the bat...And if portability is really important, Bullet Central has some clearance deals on FX Wildcats that shoud be illegal! They have some VPs for like $1190.

I dont want to discourage you from your choice of the AEA SF. But I would hate to see you regret spending $$$ on something that turns into a headache; especially when there are better options.

Reactions: zerochance
Hello, for your second pcp I would not recommend an AEA SF. They dont have the best reputation for durability or reliability. If you really want to try an AEA the Challenger Bullpups I think are pretty alright. If you get the optional regulator, they can be very fps consistent and fairly accurate. They have a simple and robust design in my view, but do have a few downsides. They are heavy, and the mags are very cheaply made, and the trigger is not great. But they spit out a lot of fpe and do ok with some slugs. If you want to go after bigger pests I would for sure recommend you go with the 25Cal.

All that being said, dollar for dollar I think there are better values out there. The AvengeX in 25Cal comes to mind right off the bat...And if portability is really important, Bullet Central has some clearance deals on FX Wildcats that shoud be illegal! They have some VPs for like $1190.

I dont want to discourage you from your choice of the AEA SF. But I would hate to see you regret spending $$$ on something that turns into a headache; especially when there are better options.

Thank you for your input, Mongoose. Are they on sale just on this specific website? I did compare it to Utah Airguns and UA lists its compact wildcat as compact. Just wondering if you linked me the standard or sniper version.

I have thought about the Huban GK1 v3 regulated air pistol with the Buckrail buttstock carbine conversion kit. 8 inch barrel vs the AEA 10 inch barrel. 😅

Thank you for your input, Mongoose. Are they on sale just on this specific website? I did compare it to Utah Airguns and UA lists its compact wildcat as compact. Just wondering if you linked me the standard or sniper version.

I have thought about the Huban GK1 v3 regulated air pistol with the Buckrail buttstock carbine conversion kit. 8 inch barrel vs the AEA 10 inch barrel. 😅
No just on clearance at Bullet Central. That is the 600mm VP version in 30Cal. FX stuff pretty much never goes on sale anywhere, but Bullet Central is liquidating their inventory because they arent going to stock anymore to shift directions. They had some other options that would have probably been better for you like the actual 500mm Compact tube version, but those sold out a few days ago. I think there was a Member selling a 25Cal Compact for like $900 shipped.

Here are my 3 that operate quite well.

If you want semi this is A way to go.
The middle one is now the Af compact size and it’s a great balance of power and accuracy in .25 There is no discernible accuracy difference between the compact and standard Sf the barrel length difference is 3 in

Have fun and get what you like

6211D2BD-BF88-4C1F-8893-EE798E938D68.png