• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA AEA semiauto after a week of ownership

I have the .25 Varmint as well, I have dropped a 3k regulator and CF Bottle on mine but that limited my fpe too much.
I love my .25 varmint. I've had semis and sold them. I have had zero problems from my Varmint. I wonder why the bolt stuff works so so much better and the semis are a constant source of repair.

Reactions: Perle
My HP semiauto works perfectly but I pulled it apart and studied the mechanism.

It's a piston driven blowback BUT has an adjustable transfer port... Hmmmmm

If you open the TP, more air is used to push the pellet out and we ALL want more fps & fpe!

I simply blocked off air from getting to the piston and tuned my gun to use an open TP with 90% restriction on the piston.

I bought my SS off another member here. His was also in bolt action. According to him that is the way it came (bolt action) from the dealer. Along with the equipment to change over to SA. Bending the springs on the mags is the best way I have found to repair the mags. I don't know why they don't make their HP mags like they do for the Terminator which are made from aluminum. I have had 0 issues with those mags.

I would disagree that the Notos is a better gun than the SS. I have shot the Notos and it is a decent gun for the money but underpowered for hunting anything but birds and chipmunks IMO. The Notos has many plastic parts which helps keep its weight down, but 700 fps doesn't work for my use. Triggers on the Notos can be improved easily though and the left hand lever is nice for a lefty like me. Overall I shoot an AEA everyday and an AEA is the first rifle I reach for also.
On my Notos I installed the eBay plenum and turned up the hammer spring and it's now shooting at 850 fps. But I also installed the drop block and a 38L carbon fiber bottle and 2200 psi regulator to achieve this so it's definitely not stock. Also use Maple products Canada 15 shot mega mags for worry free feeding of ammo. Trigger tuned down to 16 oz as well. Man the Notos is accurate! So it's now a $450.00 gun......Had to make it my own.

First run of AEA SF/HP .25cal mags will dropping at the beginning of next month. .22/.30cal will be released shortly after followed by extended capacity mags.

20240512_045116.jpg

20240513_143229.jpg

20240513_143150.jpg