• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Aea semi auto question

I just picked up an Aea assassin new from Ares and so far it leaves some to be desired, some of the issues have been addressed. But my biggest concern to any other aea owners is, does your semi auto smack you in the face with air due to the semi auto action? Im getting a pretty substantial blast of air directly in my face for each shot. Is this supposed to be normal?

Any input would be appreciated. 

I had an AEA Backpacker, but I don't recall any blast of air when I was shooting it. My biggest gripe was the fill pressure. You could fill the tank to 4350 psi, but it wouldn't cycle until it was under 2600 psi. It really needed a regulator set to around 2400 psi and then it would have been a great little semi-auto! Other than that, it was very light weight and very accurate!

Yeah I pulled the barrel to make sure all the orings were where they are supposed to be and all looked good. Factory rounded the barrel nut though and the pressure gauge internals started rotating so its no good at the moment. It seems to cycle pretty good through the pressure range, but I think I just got a lemon with everything else going on. 

I don’t get any air blowing back at my face with the terminator. On my gun there’s an o-ring about 2 inches in from the breech end of the barrel. If the assassin has the same o-ring I would try changing that out.
Also, I’ve never heard of any AEA gun being recommended to filling at 4350 psi. Recommended fill pressure for mine is 3650 psi. Haven’t had any issues with cycling because of the gun. Only issue I had with cycling was because of me, when I tried using slugs like a jackass even though the dealer(Bin) advised against using slugs in the terminator. 

Alright thanks guys, I've been filling to 23 mpa but the gauge internals started spinning yesterday and its all out of wack now. The dude at ares told me all the semi autos did that air blast and it just didn't sound right. Its stong enough that if debris was in there and hit it me it would be painful. 

Ive read some good things about the Bin guy and was going to order from him just because all the videos but his site said he wouldn't ship to Va on checkout. Ebay does the same thing to me. 

Ive read some good things about the Bin guy and was going to order from him just because all the videos but his site said he wouldn't ship to Va on checkout. Ebay does the same thing to me.

Unfortunately, Ebay does not ship to me either here in VA. They used to, but stopped about 3 years ago. I fought with them and submitted local ordinances and State Police guidance, but the Ebay pinheads just kept regurgitating their one-shoe-fits-all guidance.

Unfortunately, Ebay does not ship to me either here in VA. They used to, but stopped about 3 years ago. I fought with them and submitted local ordinances and State Police guidance, but the Ebay pinheads just kept regurgitating their one-shoe-fits-all guidance.

Make a friend with someone in another State ! I think Bin lives in MA, maybe a group buy? 

Make a friend with someone in another State ! I think Bin lives in MA, maybe a group buy?

Thanks, but everyone else ships here except Ebay.

Alright thanks guys, I've been filling to 23 mpa but the gauge internals started spinning yesterday and its all out of wack now. The dude at ares told me all the semi autos did that air blast and it just didn't sound right. Its stong enough that if debris was in there and hit it me it would be painful. 

I emailed Bin about you not being able to order from him. He said his site is setup up that way by default but if you email him or call him he can send you an invoice and ship out to Virginia no problem

I live In VA..Bin has shipped me guns In the past as well as ebay so not sure whats going on there...I have the Assassin In .22 I don't have the blow back problem sounds like you have a lemon mate send It back and get It replaced . The Assassin Is a great gun once Its broken In the trigger Is about 2ibs ish now not 10ibs when I first got It , mine shoots to fast at 1010 fps with 18g JSBs to be really accurate over 50yrds + so I'm using 25g which gives me 1" groups at around 65 yrds . The biggest con for me Is the folding stock hing that thing sux big time on mine the stock collapses when shooting , I did a quick fix no more folding stock but at least It docent collapse on me now .

I just ordered the Element with the up grade kit In .22 hopefully that gun will be good straight out of the box .

Well that's good to hear, I was able to get my hands on a used semi auto carbine and its night and day different in build quality. No blowback issue and cycles good. The assassin almost seemed like it was a knockoff when compared. I went ahead and sent the assassin back, I'd need a full page to cover the issues I had with it. I guess it was the "new 2021 model" with the brown semi auto rod.