AEA AEA purchase?

I agree about the power of the HW97, I'm an old hunter and have other options, I was actually thinking a PCP in .25 might be fun to use. I have a coyote right now that has killed 4 chickens in the last month. He comes up in the day, snags one and leaves. I'm going to try and call him in and get him, there are so many at night its hard to know if you get the right one, they are all bad though, they have really hurt the wild turkey population on my place in the last couple of years.
Yeah any yote you get is the right one for sure. If you aren’t sure it’s the “right” one I say take another one to increase chances and so forth.

Reactions: okjoek
I'm really going to try and make that shoot in OKC on March 3. I do have a question having never been to something like that and I'm trying to go regardless of the answer, will there be some lower end guns there or just the super cool ones that are more than I am going to spend? Again want to go anyway just to see some of these things and what they are capable of but still hoping there will be a class of shooter with something more of what I looking to get.

I'm really going to try and make that shoot in OKC on March 3. I do have a question having never been to something like that and I'm trying to go regardless of the answer, will there be some lower end guns there or just the super cool ones that are more than I am going to spend? Again want to go anyway just to see some of these things and what they are capable of but still hoping there will be a class of shooter with something more of what I looking to get.
It is March 2nd and there will be guns from $400 to $4000

If I knew what I now know I would avoid AEA air guns.
They are ridiculously expensive for what they offer (which is not much).

I have owned 2 AEAs:
-AEA Challenger Pro .22 caliber
-AEA HP SS semiauto

They have some of the worst triggers I have seen.

The AEA HP semiauto is the most unreliable airgun I have ever owned.
The semiauto just does not work reliably, so I converted mine to bolt action.

The magazines are absolute junk.
I spent 20 minutes on each magazine to get them to work.

I have spent the past few days (many shot strings) trying to tune the AEA HP SS.
I tried a weaker/stronger hammer spring, a stronger valve spring, various transfer port settings, etc.
I still cannot get 3 magazines (36 shots) with acceptable spread of less than 50 fps.

So, AEA can go and !#@$@$@
Your trying to get 3 mags out of that skinny airtube ? I don’t think it will do that ….
My converted .22 hp ss drills it as Accurately and reliably as any other gun I have. My trigger is worked and breaks clean and crisp albeit @ 3 lbs

I get 3 mags at full power 30-32 fpe with a 360cc cF bottle

Last edited:
Your trying to get 3 mags out of that skinny airtube ? I don’t think it will do that ….
My converted .22 hp ss drills it as Accurately and reliably as any other gun I have. My trigger is worked and breaks clean and crisp albeit @ 3 lbs

I get 3 mags at full power 30-32 fpe with a 360cc cF bottle
The AEA HP SS air tube is around 150-160 cc, which should be big enough for 36 shots.
I do not want a lot of power, 15-20FPE is enough.
I just want a longer useable shot string.

I think that the AEA HP SS valve is poorly designed, maybe on purpose.
Because, the semiauto works because of the wasted air.

So here is where I think I am at. I still don't know enough to make a decent decision. I am trying to learn about regulators, hammer pressure and what ever else I need to know about, what I need and what I don't. I am planning to go to OKC on March 2 to that airgun shoot. I want to see, feel and talk to knowledgeable people in person, excited to go. I'm trying to get the right one on the first buy. I love and enjoy all the different thoughts here and hope it continues. These are so interesting and I am enjoying the hunt, I am definitely going to be a buyer. Thanks to everyone and please continue, I'm learning so much.

So here is where I think I am at. I still don't know enough to make a decent decision. I am trying to learn about regulators, hammer pressure and what ever else I need to know about, what I need and what I don't. I am planning to go to OKC on March 2 to that airgun shoot. I want to see, feel and talk to knowledgeable people in person, excited to go. I'm trying to get the right one on the first buy. I love and enjoy all the different thoughts here and hope it continues. These are so interesting and I am enjoying the hunt, I am definitely going to be a buyer. Thanks to everyone and please continue, I'm I feel such joy watching you get excited and learning about the world of airguns!
So happy for you! Your inquisitive nature about airguns brings a giant smile to my face! 😁

So here is where I think I am at. I still don't know enough to make a decent decision. I am trying to learn about regulators, hammer pressure and what ever else I need to know about, what I need and what I don't. I am planning to go to OKC on March 2 to that airgun shoot. I want to see, feel and talk to knowledgeable people in person, excited to go. I'm trying to get the right one on the first buy. I love and enjoy all the different thoughts here and hope it continues. These are so interesting and I am enjoying the hunt, I am definitely going to be a buyer. Thanks to everyone and please continue, I'm learning so much.
If you are into learning about air guns then this forum (and others) are a good choice.

I looked more closely at this Gauntlet 2. Watched some Youtube on it and its pretty impressive.
A lot of bang for the buck! The downsides for me is its pretty long, and the shot count suffers with the smallish air reservoir, but not too many regulated airguns pushing that much power at this price range.