AEA Products-wondering how everyone is rating the overall quality of this product line now that we’ve had access to it for a couple of years?

What does everyone think of the overall fit finish and quality of AEA products?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Trigger and magazine improvement is where I wish they would focus. Some parts have been impossible for me to purchase. With that said a 25 cal TD is my daily carry gun on hikes and I shoot it everyday., Purchased 1.5 years ago. They are easy to work on and other than occasional jams, reliable. Jams for me have been mag related. I own two both semi-auto's one 25 and one 30. I like the semi-auto function of AEA rifles and once tuned they are killers. I shoot slugs in both of mine and they are accurate enough to hit golf balls at 50 yds.

Acceptable.

Last edited:
I've owned 3 and repaired a 4th for a friend. Quality / accuracy / reliability is pretty hit or miss. Only one dealer (Bin Tac) consistently stocks repair parts. The last Challenger Pro I bought (not from Bin Tac) couldn't hit the side of a barn at 50 yds. Polished the bore and crown (pretty routine maintenance on new air rifles, especially cheaper brands). Accuracy was better but still 10" groups at 50 yds. Spoke with the dealer, told me polishing the bore voided my warranty. They didn't have spare barrels and never offered to repair or replace the rifle. They offered to take rifle back for a refund. So I sent it back and considered this a lesson to learn from. It's really a shame though. As someone else mentioned the triggers and magazines are well known issues. They can be made better, either through tuning / polishing or 3rd party parts. But if they don't stock repair parts (especially things like "valve pins") then they become "throw away" guns.

I know I’ve said this numerous times but will say it again. Once you start adding regulators, especially externally adjustable ones, being able to adjust the preload on the hammer spring is 150% vital to have. AEA just can’t figure that very simple thing out. I don’t understand it and therefore will never buy one of their products.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
You can adjust preload on the hammer by turning the stock in or out. I get 30 good shots at 50 yards in my 25 cal with no POI change. That ain't bad for the power you get out of them, for me a regulator is a nice to have. They for sure are not target guns but IMO excel at hunting and plinking. They are a tinkerers gun for sure to get the most out of them but for the price point I don't think they should be discounted.

The semi-auto function reminds me of many of the old shotgun semi-auto "gas operated" guns, a tried and true method. Probably inexpensive which the Chinese seem to like.

The parts and frankly the service comments are sadly true. Seems if you didn't purchase the gun from that dealer they can care less if it gets fixed. Magazines for the 30 cal Terminator are unobtainable. 35's seem to be plentiful and I purchased one and swapped carousels with a 30. The mag worked fine but I cannot find someone to print any more carousels. Anyone who can point me in the right direction please do.

Jim

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I have two. An HP + and Hp carbine

I knew what I was getting into. Some issues can be proactively addressed. In doing so they become very nice shooters.
Power / weight / accuracy and semi auto function.

Price point and what you get is more than acceptable.

BBB1CB77-66CE-4E9E-8C41-1ABA4A41FD01.jpeg

I've been following AEA from the beginning... The forum member chickenthief received a Zeus in .72 cal that had only half the lead cut into the rifeling....It was absolutely horrible.... No excuse for that... AEA wouldn't do anything about the faulty barrel lead.... Chickenthief being the machinest he is was able to fix himself... After seeing his experience no AEA for.me...Next pcp.probably Benjamin... Parts availability very important to me...

I have 3 and have had pretty good luck so far. I got my 30 cal std challenger first then I waited for over a year then I got my hp max 457 followed closely by a m50. I hope to get a fair amount of shooting in this summer and really get these 3 dialed in. I can see they are a tinkerers gun which is not all bad... I remember the first slideshow they put on YouTube, had a gun called the nomad. It looked like it would have been pretty nice. Anyone else remember that slideshow?

Reactions: Perle
I bought a HP Max .30 from a guy on here. I played with the hammer spring and found a fill and refill zone that’s pretty good. I don’t think they’re worth what they cost new but the one thing I can’t complain about is how well mine shoots for what it is. It’s a freakin cannon with a horrible trigger but it puts big pellets right where I want them. I would only recommend one to a guy who already has some good guns and just wants something weird to mess with.

Reactions: Perle