Aea problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me first say that in my experience Bin Yan, of The Pellet Shop, is a stand up guy. He's always replied to my texts and phone calls and did the right thing when I had issues with an AEA rifle I purchased from him. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another rifle from him.
My concern is about AEA the manufacturer. No air rifle is perfect, they almost all have issues at one time or the other. But AEA changes models so often and don't supply their dealers with repair parts that the only option the dealer has when an issue occurs is to replace the whole rifle. But what happens after the 1 year warranty? I've owned 3 AEA rifles, they all developed issues and I was fortunate that Bin did the right thing and either replaced the rifle or swapped out the entire component. But what happens after the 1 year warranty if there are no replacement parts to repair my rifle?
+1

I have yet to order a rifle from @thepelletshop but have inquired about a couple models myself and Bin has been awesome, I do make occasional ammo and swag purchases from him and the customer service really, truly, is top notch. That doesn't speak on the manufacturer though, IMO , AEA has been very fortunate with the people chosen to sell their products.

OP makes one post ever, it being about something happening to him three times that has never happened to 99.99% of those shooting air rifles. It was obviously to go after one brand. Did it happen to him? Who knows., Did it happen three times? If it did he did the same thing wrong three times and is a very slow learner.
I don't own and have never owned the brand in question. I have no idea of the quality of those rifles.
I do know how the internet forums work though and would give his veracity a "0".

I have to laugh, so many posts about people with limited posts being potential scammers when they try to buy or sell something. Yet here's a guy nobody knows making one post with obvious malice towards a brand and people jump right on board with him.

No AEA will out group your Alpha Wolf that costs 3x as much or more. But they will have other features, more power, and you don't have to worry about getting a micro-scratch on it.

So the most tricked out, accessorized BinTac gun approaches 2 grand if you want every possible upgrade included out of the box. Let me know if you find another semi auto air gun that is even in the ballpark of that power and performance. Oh wait, there are zero other options. That's probably why that particular model goes for a premium, especially considering it's a limited release.

Magazine problems, I will give you. I had an AEA HP SS 30+ and AEA replaced all my magazines for free. They didn't explode, they just sometimes failed to advance. No problems since. But if your magazines are "exploding", it's because you forgot to close the bolt. FWIW I've forgot to close the bolt on an AEA Challenger 357 with a magazine in a couple times, and the magazine didn't explode or break. But it can happen. User error and an unfortunately common one. Perhaps AEA should engineer their future guns to reduce user error (and they probably will).
So because it’s alone in its class it’s worth 2 grand? Everyone is welcome to spend their cash however they wish. If I’m dropping 1.5 to 2k on an air rifle it isn’t going to come out of China. That’s just me.

So because it’s alone in its class it’s worth 2 grand? Everyone is welcome to spend their cash however they wish. If I’m dropping 1.5 to 2k on an air rifle it isn’t going to come out of China. That’s just me.

2k can get you a Western Bushbuck , A completely tricked out Airforce texan cf .510, an extreme big bore rifle, the list goes on, all of which have great parts availability SHOULD you need them , and names that scream reliability. Also the aside from the airforce which is praised for its simplistic design , all have fantastic craftsmanship, each one , each part, made in the USA under stringent QC , protocols, and guidelines.

Reactions: Trucker3573
Not sure if this would make for some good reading or a good fire starter 🤔

392ACA84-0A00-48CD-915B-D073B47CE46B.png

• Wow
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
"Hey does this airngasman remind you of someone from the past, I think we have some new entertainment again, oneshot1kill is back 😀 hey airngasman do you fill your huban to 5000psi and hit the same hole in the mud at 200yds?"

Hey lisa, if you care to stop running your mouth long enough to investigate the facts, you'll find I back up my posts and comments with proof; no BS required:poop:. I would say the search feature is your friend; but in this case it's your worst enemy!:ROFLMAO:

"Not sure if this would make for some good reading or a good fire starter 🤔"

Don't think you could make it through the first few pages, lisa. I use compound sentences, humor, poetic license, and other literary techniques that stray beyond usual attention-deficit bounds, to keep READERS interested.

Happy forum sniping, young lady.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Quit being a hater. Umarex hammer has nothing to do with AEA. The M50 is a short tactical gun, not a long hunting rifle. But it will still be the most powerful arrow shooting airgun ever created. If you want max power in a hunting rifle, again, AEA dominates the competition with the Gen 2 Zeus platform in .72 and .58 ... or even the Challenger long barrel various models. Again, you'd have to know what you're talking about by not just being a hater who ignores the whole platform.

As for your Alpha Wolf .22 and it's power, you're adding up to 68.5 FPE with those slugs and speed. Pretty awesome for a .22 ... but AEA does have you beat in the Challenger Pro for $799 ... it will punch a bit harder than that from what I've seen. Also adjustable regulator so you can tune it down. Also extremely accurate. The regular Challenger for $359 (or whatever it currently is) will also shoot stronger but unregulated -- oh wait, you can get a $79 regulator add on for that now too if you want.

It seems to me you are the one "assuming" things, since you've seemingly never touched an AEA but seem devoted to denegrating the brand regardless.

I'm going to make a thread about my new AEA Terminator Gen 2 .30 in a couple days. Have the carbon fiber shroud on it, about to install the CNC folding stock. This gun is stout and sexy as it gets. Haters will hate & lovers will Terminate!
Looking forward to see your thread on the Terminator GEN II .30

Hey does this airngasman remind you of someone from the past, I think we have some new entertainment again, oneshot1kill is back 😀 hey airngasman do you fill your huban to 5000psi and hit the same hole in the mud at 200yds?
Wrong,......better make sure what you talking about before posting idiotic sentences.

Reactions: moodyblues
Enough bickering, gentlemen. This thread is locked.

Review the following before you do damage to your account status:
Welcome to Airgun Nation - A world class airgun forum where Community and Industry can coexist in harmony, exchange information tactfully, and advance the recreation as a whole.

General Rules - In order to keep these forums enjoyable and interesting for everyone, we ask that you follow these simple rules:

1. Exercise common sense and be considerate towards your fellow users. The diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token: rude, lewd, vulgar, obscene, flaming, baiting, trolling, hateful, threatening, insulting, violent, or slanderous content will not be tolerated. You may challenge others' points of view and opinions but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.

Last edited:
Reactions: silvershooter589
Status
Not open for further replies.