AEA Pistol review

I have been looking for a decent pistol under 5 lbs in semi auto. I haven't had much luck until I tried the AEA HP SS in .22. The first one lasted about two magazines before it started jamming up. I called up the Pellet Shop in Long Island, NY and spoke to a person named Bin. He walked me through a few problems that may of been causing the Jam but the pistol continued to Jam. He asked me to send it back to him and he would send another new one right out. He did exactly what he said he would do and about a week later the new pistol arrived. I have shot this pistol with the same credentials for about a month now and it has worked as expected. Only one shot has failed in a full tin of JSB 15.89 pellets. The gun is all metal / aluminum except the grip which is what I was lookin for. It has a easy workable safety in a convenient location. Comes with two 12 shot magazines and best of all it shoots 10 meter 3/8 " groups indoors very easily. The trigger pull is a little stiff on the first shot of every magazine but the next 11 shots after the first one are much easier. The pistol is very fun to shoot and I usually fill the tank back up from 160 bar to 240 bar at the end of each magazine. Over the Chronograph the JSB 15.9 pellets are leaving to barrel about 850 -855 fps which is about 25 ft/lbs.I have shot quick bursts of 4 or 5 shots with no problems but I usually take about 10 seconds between shots to hold tight groups. I'm getting 3/4 " groups at 20 yards with no wind. Haven't tried any longer yardages yet but will when I get a good day to shoot. I personalIy think the shroud does a good job keeping the pistol neighborhood friendly but my ears aren't as good as they use to be. I am very pleased with the Pellet Shop and Bin for all his help, and wish them much success!

P.S I have the hammersping backed off about a 1 1/4 turns. The pistol I arrived shooting JSB 14.4 in the 950 fps range. 

Here are a few pics but I'm a wantabee shooter not a photographer.

P1000494.1648340791.JPG
P1000495.1648340791.JPG
P1000497.1648340791.JPG
P1000498.1648340791.JPG
P1000499.1648340791.JPG
P1000500.1648340791.JPG
P1000501.1648340791.JPG

Reactions: BZO100
The cover that slides on over the pressure gauge. It needs to be removed to fill the air tube. I found it darn difficult to remove with the Thumb and fore finger pinch method. I actually had to use a jar cover assistance to get it off. I lubed the inside with silicon grease and it is much easier to take off. Also found that if you leave about 1/8" gap when you put it back on it will be removed much easier.

Also when you load the magazine you must turn the clear cover CC to start the first pellet skirt first from the back side. Secure that clear cover when turning CC for if it slips and returns to the start position you can unwind the spring and weaken it or find you have to rewind it.

The sound really isn't bad just the way it comes out of the box. I haven't really shot it much off hand but I did brace my shooting hand on a door casing and knocked down a gamo FT squirrel at 20 yards with a 1 1/2" KZ 3 out of 4 shots with a red dot sight on it. Maybe a little heavy to hold with one hand to long. I'm 75 and not quite as strong as I use to be but twice as ornery. 

I don't believe they are available with a reg right now. The first magazine (12 shots)_are pretty decent. About half way through the second Magazine the velocity drops off pretty fast. 

The pistol with Red dot scope weights just about 5 lbs. I can keep most of my shots in a 3 inch circle off hand at 20 yards. Recently I installed a red dot lazer sight and at 20 yards managed 7 out of 10 shots in a 3" spot off hand. 

I would say the hammer spring pressure has a lot to do with how hard the bolt pulls back to install the magazine. The include a free blank that you slip into the bolt track that holds the bolt back for mag insertion. After getting use to the bolt pull I don't use that blank (For lack of a better word) to install the mag but it is available if I need it. Haven't seen a Lever action yet but their store info is running across of the top of the opening page (Pellet Shop or Store) Give them a call they are very buyer friendly.