Tuning AEA I know you have

The issue I had with my semi-auto aea's is that if you do too much trigger work and make it too light...it will start to burst fire randomly. I had taken my HPSS's and element apart quite a few times...very basic systems. 

To make the cocking effort lighter you'd have to just replace the hammer spring to match the regulator. Believe someone messed around with a hammer adjustment for them...just can't remember where I saw it. It will be needed if you're going unregulated to regulated as the stock hammer spring is way too heavy for a regulated setup. I ventured down to the local hardware store and snagged a bunch of springs. Ended up finding one that matched well to my regulated element after I clipped a turn or two off the spring. 

Huma sells some regulators for them but only very certain models. If you have a bottle version, you can use an inline.

I originally bought the AEA Challenger BP .25 because I wanted to get rid of some Vietnamese Pot-bellied pigs that were threatening my garden, They are the not so new plague of invasive species in Puerto Rico. Well, I did not do the due research and now I just can't hunt them legally. That left me with an airgun simply too powerful, and imo dangerous, for the only other critter available here for us...iguanas. So, I decided to make lemonade from my .25 lemon and ordered a Huma regulator to detune the bullpup to an acceptable level for the task at hand. I tried to get a balance between shot count and fpe "needed" 
rolleyes.gif
. For me, the gun is too heavy (aprox. 14 lbs.) to carry in the field comfortably for more than one mile, so shot count was my priority. This is the set up I ended up with: 

AG: AEA Challenger Bullpup .25.
Pellet: JSB Exact King 25.39 gr.
Shot count: 62 on regulator, but 67 usable shots at my average shooting distance of 35 yds.
E.S.: 38 fps.
SD: 19.5.
Fill pressure: 250 to 125 bars.
Regulator set point from HUMA (not changed): 133 bars.
Avg. fps: 806 (36.6 FPE)
Efficiency: 0.99 FPE/cu.in. per shot.
Accuracy: Right now around 3/4" to 1" at 35 yds, but working on that and improving.

I just hope not to face a Pot-bellied pig while hunting for iguanas...

The hammer spring measures 92 mm L x 20 mm W x 1.6 mm wire dia. and has 12 coils. I ordered some from Aliexpress to play with.