AEA HP Varmint pleasant surprise. My most accurate gun with slugs

Ill keep this short , Its kinda late and I'm knackered . I have both AEA Assassin semi auto , and HP Sparrow both In .22 . The Assassin gives me 5 mags = 60 shots at 25mpa fill down to about 17mpa using JSB 25g I'm getting around 890 fps , the gun thinks Its regulated very consistent taking my time accurate out to around 60 yrds and back yard friendly yes the trigger was a little heavy but as the gun settled In It got a lot better and It looks good to . The sparrow I get 2 mags = 24 shots ( same mags as the Assassin ) which Isn't to shabby considering It only has a small tank and a short barrel , I can stretch this out to 50yrds with decent accuracy using 13g JSB's Its a fun little gun I love It . there web site says 22 at 600 psi which Is strange cus Im getting well over 850 psi with the 13g I did croney It a while ago but cant remember exactly what It was and It has a nice trigger .

I have a FX dream tac which Is a great gun but I tend to go for the Assassin and the sparrow before the FX ....weird .

My only big con with the Assassin Is the folding stock hinge some times It opens on Its own or If I just tap the end of the stock and I mean barley touch It , It un hinges kind of annoying but I can live with It .

sh.1609717780.jpg

It may not look it. But this is a aea .25 varmint. Slightly under 2lb trigger. 4500psi carbon tank, not reg yet. The whole gun camo taped wrapped to stiffen it up. That dumb folding stock ruins accuracy. I also have a REAL 4-18X50 Discovery scope. Excellent glass! Donny FL Sumo suppressor. Now for the good part @3500psi I'm at 108fpe just over 1150 fps. 100 yards 8 shot 1.35" group. Keep Tinkering guys. There's gold here. I've even been able to get mostly get rid of that annoying hammer ping

20220214_174355.1649217643.jpg

It may not look it. But this is a aea .25 varmint. Slightly under 2lb trigger. 4500psi carbon tank, not reg yet. The whole gun camo taped wrapped to stiffen it up. That dumb folding stock ruins accuracy. I also have a REAL 4-18X50 Discovery scope. Excellent glass! Donny FL Sumo suppressor. Now for the good part @3500psi I'm at 108fpe just over 1150 fps. 100 yards 8 shot 1.35" group. Keep Tinkering guys. There's gold here. I've even been able to get mostly get rid of that annoying hammer ping

20220214_174355.1649217643.jpg

Looks great! Thats some amazing power for sure. I also have the Varmint in .25 cal . Its a great shooter. Havent messed around with the hammer spring but I would love to quiet down that ping

Im also looking into trying out some slugs. Ive only shot jsb or fx diabolos but ive had great results with those. Looking at some of the NSA slugs. Seems like a great product and very affordable

Here’s my HP SS, fitted with a small 32mm front lens scope (Vector Optics Cerato) and some low rings, ample space for the mag and best of all no need to improvise a cheekriser… (like you I don’t like high scope rings either…) On the pic maybe not quite visible, but there is a few milimeter gap between the (adjustable) front bell of the scope and the action of the airgun.
137A5F01-13A9-4561-B853-56C43C42607A.jpeg

Reactions: McMadCow
I have the 25 cal Backpacker. Have several thousand rounds through it. Prefers slugs but shoots pellets good too. Shooting NSA 26.8 gr slugs I averaged 883 fps with an SD of 12 this was over 30 shots. Point of aim did not change at 50 yards. It is the funnest air rifle I have owned. Just bought a Terminator in 30 cal. Should be here Friday. Notice the wear on the hand grip. Carried and shot a lot.

AEA HP 0622.jpg

Here’s my HP SS, fitted with a small 32mm front lens scope (Vector Optics Cerato) and some low rings, ample space for the mag and best of all no need to improvise a cheekriser… (like you I don’t like high scope rings either…) On the pic maybe not quite visible, but there is a few milimeter gap between the (adjustable) front bell of the scope and the action of the airgun.
View attachment 285095
This looks great, and gives me a good idea of how it'll work with my preferred setup. I've been less than thrilled with my Avenger as a hunting rifle, and the AEA line looks like a pretty slick upgrade. Hopefully I'll be posting photos in a week or two.

View attachment 83053

How on earth did you get the trigger down to 2lb? Nice wrap BTW.

Here is my Varmint, UTG Bugbuster 3x9 scope, 0.43L CF tank, no other mods yet.

I hit a 1.44", 100y, 5 shot group this morning with perfectly calm air.
AEA Varmint.jpg

Reactions: McMadCow
I have one in .25 cal. Semi-Auto carbine. Didn't shoot well when I first got it; found out the mag was damaged and not feeding properly. Got two new mags from ThePelletShop and the gun came alive. Accurate & good shot count (45 from 220 to 120 bar). Very quiet with DFL Sumo. Trigger still heavy, but getting smoother...Lots'a fun!

View attachment 83108
What gun is that? Varmint has a long barrel I see its in stock decent price thing is its a bit long an I want a backpack gun but that power is 25 cal is amazing 108 fpe wow thats like double the blitz https://www.aeaprecisionairguns.com/products/copia-de-hp-series-varmint

What gun is that? Varmint has a long barrel I see its in stock decent price thing is its a bit long an I want a backpack gun but that power is 25 cal is amazing 108 fpe wow thats like double the blitz https://www.aeaprecisionairguns.com/products/copia-de-hp-series-varmint
I would grab it as they are out of stock everywhere. I asked Bin about it and he said they aren’t making it anymore as an updated version will be coming out. That was awhile ago and I have yet to see this new version. I really hope the new version isn’t the stupid semi/bolt multi function gun.

I would grab it as they are out of stock everywhere. I asked Bin about it and he said they aren’t making it anymore as an updated version will be coming out. That was awhile ago and I have yet to see this new version. I really hope the new version isn’t the stupid semi/bolt multi function gun.
Man I really want to, Guess if I did id have to sell my avbullpups. Will still need a backpack gun then Thinking aea hp carbine will fill that need.

View attachment 83053
What adapter does it take I want to put a donny fl on mine aswell.

Last edited:
What adapter does it take I want to put a donny fl on mine aswell.
It should be this guy, there's a few different AEA adapters from DonnyFL.

I used this to mount a Tanto on my HP SS Pistol. The Tanto is pretty close to the diameter of the shroud.

I grabbed it Its the only website I can find that its in stock in. Now il go grab a blitz .25

Reactions: Trucker3573