• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA AEA HP SS W/Huma Regulator

I have an AEA HP SS .30 with the 165cc air tube. I was thinking about adding a Huma internal regulator. I'm thinking that if I do this, I can fill the air tube to 3600 psi but have the regulator set for about 2800 psi for proper semi-auto cycling. That should give me a good shot count and better reliability. The main thing I am hoping for in this is to get 2 magazines (18 shots) at 2800 psi. Is that possible?

Also, I love the look of my AEA just the way it is. I don't want a larger air tube or bottle. I got this because of how compact it is.

I can't find any information on this idea. I have not found any posts or videos of anyone regulating a 165cc air tube. Is what I am thinking feasible? Has anyone out there tried this?

Reactions: DirtyGator
I'm not doing your math homework for you, but in my experience with .30 and it's air useage, even with perfect ports/valving/plenum sizing, with only 165cc of air, be happy with one magazine, or move to a bottle gun.
Have a bottle gun. It's bulky and heavy. The AEA HP is my truck gun. One full magazine at 2800 psi would be great but I can always hope for better.

You mentioned air usage with a .30 cal. Isn't that the whole point of installing a regulator?