• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA Hp ss plus or carbine td in .30 caliber

Been cruising through the videos on YouTube about the AEA hp ss plus and carbine in .30. Not a whole lot of reviews out there yet. Any insight on which you would choose and why would be appreciated. Also I was looking at the spec sheets of carbine td version and noticed bottle can be filled at 4500psi but the gun max operating level is only 3600 psi. So with that being said why wouldn’t I just just stick to the cheaper aluminum bottle version. Am I missing something there?

Curious as well.

I just purchased a HUMA Regulator (Bottle version) for my AEA HP Carbine .30 Cal.

I'm trying to obtain the sweet spot between MAX power (about 740 FPS w/ 46g pellets) and a steady flow of shot velocity per round. I'm not so concerned with shot count as with steady MAX power FPS per round. Wondering what the BAR setting for the regulator should be (e.g. 130, 150, etc.)

Spike_9 id like to know as well. That would be the only purpose of having a cf bottle so you could increase your shot counts, especially running it in semi auto when plinking.

I don't see why it couldn't be done with an external bottle regulator and a burst disk for safety. I replaced the aluminum bottle for a 500 CC CF bottle on my Throne for more shots. The max fill pressure as is, 250 bar. I'd like to fill to 300 bar to extend my plinking and pesting time between fills.

How do you like yours... I have an AEA HP carbine TD. I did a shot count to failure today and it ran 11 full 10 round mags and 7 of them were still singing right thru the T111 I was shooting at from over 30 yards away. I love this PCP. Its a .25 cal. Mostly 31.3 gr and 33 gr pellets. It operates well from 70-250mpa.

Has anyone do e a shot count with a huma reg attached to one of these AEA HP carbine assassin/TD????

How do you like yours... I have an AEA HP carbine TD. I did a shot count to failure today and it ran 11 full 10 round mags and 7 of them were still singing right thru the T111 I was shooting at from over 30 yards away. I love this PCP. Its a .25 cal. Mostly 31.3 gr and 33 gr pellets. It operates well from 70-250mpa.

Has anyone do e a shot count with a huma reg attached to one of these AEA HP carbine assassin/TD????
Here are my results:

***AEA HP Carbine .30 Caliber Air Rifle with "Flanigan's" - 46g pellets*** (with & without the HUMA Regulator)

AEA HP Carbine .30 Cal ***(UNREGULATED / STOCK)*** = Avg. 734 FPS / 55.02 FPE
(Maximum: 748 FPS / Standard Deviation: 6 / Spread: 28) 69 degrees F

AEA HP Carbine .30 Cal w/ Huma Regulator@129 BAR +/- (Default out of the box) = Avg. 636 FPS / 41.35 FPE
(Maximum: 646 FPS / Standard Deviation: 4 / Spread: 19) 74 degrees F

AEA HP Carbine .30 Cal w/ Huma Regulator@155 BAR +/- = Avg. 663 FPS / 44.89 FPE
(Maximum: 670 FPS / Standard Deviation: 4 / Spread: 18) 78 degrees F

AEA HP Carbine .30 Cal w/ Huma Regulator@170 BAR +/- = Avg. 680 FPS / 47.23 FPE
(Maximum: 686 FPS / Standard Deviation: 4 / Spread: 15) 72 degrees F

Reactions: patrick Daniel

Also, I can get up to 60 shots per fill at the 170 bar setting. That's SIX 9-count magazines, plus about 6 more single shots if I choose to shoot it down to the Regulator pressure. So, I just use my 6 mags up and do a re-fill to be safe. LOVE IT!! Still my favorite gun to shoot, even over the .35 cal TERMINATOR and even the .30 cal LCS Full/Semi Auto. JUST FUN!

I have the backpacker in 25 cal. I fill mine to 3500psi. I get 30 good shots with the average 883 fps. That is with NSA 26.8 gr slugs. The gun is a constant companion on my daily walks. A regulator may be in the future for this gun. I would like more shots. I would want a regulator that went to 250 bar down to 170 or so.

I have a Terminator in 30 cal and a regulator is on the horizon for this rifle. I think you could tune these rifles not only to have more shots but to shoot with better consistency.

I have AEA Carbine TD .30 cal. Love the rifle. the only disappointing thing as right now- no extra magazines available. They are too fragile and can break if you drop them. Hopefully they'll be back in stock, cause I have only one left and I'm scared of breaking it. Single shot trays can be used, but this is semi auto rifle)
I hear ya with the no magazines... I've got 10 on backorder for my .25 TD. Boy do I love this AEA HP TD. It does it all right up to 80 yards or so. Haven't really shot mine any further out than 80 yards.

Also, I can get up to 60 shots per fill at the 170 bar setting. That's SIX 9-count magazines, plus about 6 more single shots if I choose to shoot it down to the Regulator pressure. So, I just use my 6 mags up and do a re-fill to be safe. LOVE IT!! Still my favorite gun to shoot, even over the .35 cal TERMINATOR and even the .30 cal LCS Full/Semi Auto. JUST FUN!
60 regulated shots is awesome. Probably be able to squeeze 10-20 more on a .25 cal TD carbine. So the Huma-air regulator for AEA carbine is a yes??

This is my AEA .25 with 8” barrel i modded her with a larger port on barrel and action and closed all other ports on barrel so just one large port on barrel also all shimmed the hammer spring with a 500 cc bottle and fill to 4200 psi she’s a beast.

4E52C686-5A79-47CE-AF43-EEFB1F5F956A.jpeg

I am pretty unhappy with my AEA HP SS Plus 30 caliber, after about 10 magazines the pin valve failed. I took back to the local dealer(California) and he immediately ordered the replacement valve(under warranty). It has been over 4 weeks and Bin keeps telling them he is sending tomorrow.
I called Bin direct, left message, and he has yet to return my call.
AEA I will buy....and I am selling this one!