AEA AEA HP SS .25 aftermarket magazine

Hi, I have aea hp ss in .25 cal and this thing is absolutely worthless! I have six magazines and none of them work. I was in a group on Facebook while back and someone suggested an aftermarket magazine, but I can’t remember where he said to get it from. They were talking about how an aftermarket magazine makes these guns shoot like they were intended to. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to get 2-3 25 caliber magazines?

Reactions: nobody1 and MrP
I have the AEA hp ss in 22cal. and mine was an early gun. I had the same trouble with the 2 that came with the gun, JUNK. I was told that AEA upgraded something in the newer magazines so I ordered 4 new ones from The Pellet shop and never had a problem since. I even shoot them in my AEA HP SF 22cal. and they work perfectly. I would call Bin at The Pellet Shop and ask him about it. Both of my AEA HP semis have not skipped a beat since for thousands of rounds.

Reactions: RAMJET66 and Tonio
The aea mags are so rudimentary it’s frustrating. Kral has the same basic type of mag but they put in a little effort to make it pleasant to use. Unlike the aea mags, I have never had a Kral mag fly across the room due to slipping. They are slippery, seem over sprung, pellet picky and lack any detent to hold the door open once wound up. All edges are raw and not beveled or smooth. Also aea mags have no shot count indicator and the only way to know you are out is by counting shots or shooting until it dry fires. Also requires you to load first pellet backwards.

The kral mags have a roughened surface that eases grip, edges are smoothed and rounded, have a shot count indicator, reasonably sprung, and a detent that holds the door open for the first pellet. Also no need to load the first pellet backwards. This all in a more or less identical form of magazine.

Aea feels like prototype or they have made a deliberate choice to ignore the obvious small things that would make a pretty big difference to keep manufacturing cost down and profit up.

FYI I also had trouble with mags from BinTac but not the Pellet Shop. Bin Tac mags had issues with the center screw self tightening or loosening on its own so the clear cover was always a bit too tight or a bit too loose. Pellet shop mags did not have this problem. Maybe just a coincidence of course.

Last edited:
Two problems with the mags are springs and carousels. The springs weaken if left loaded and they slip out of their anchor holes. That is fixable, what isn't is the carousels. They will deform when jammed and then they don't index accurately.
PhotoPictureResizer_1699192531326_copy_3000x1689.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: MrP
Fox Air Power had a magazine made by AE Swede 15 shot. Been using this mag for couple months and they work fine. They seem to be made from a different plastic. Notice the extended cover lip. I think it is for helping to hold on to it during loading. So as a member said doesn't flip across the room. :)
PhotoPictureResizer_1699192810226_copy_2405x1381.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys. Replying to an old post but I have these AEA SF/HP magazines if anyone wants a better option than the OEM mags. The spring on these are much stronger and does not break easily.