• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA Hp semi auto shroud baffles orientation ?

Hey RAMJET66 no big deal stuff happens anyway the six baffles face cone or concave end toward the breech.

Hey RAMJET66 no big deal stuff happens anyway the six baffles face cone or concave end toward the breech. 

thanks , i guess i have to go & look for # 6, , & what you are saying is the baffles all face the same direction, & the solid part withe the samall hole face's the breech ?

I have the AEA .30 cal. semi auto back packer and I bought a Donnyfl for it. I took the factory moderator off of the gun thinking then the Donnyfl would go on but I couldn't unscrew that last little ring that the moderator attached too, so I put the moderator back on and then just took the end cap off. The adapter screwed into that and then the Donnyfl. Is that how it's suppose to go? And then the moderator has 8 baffles in it and two little spring washers ( I guess that's what you call them ) Which way do the pointed end of the baffles face and does one spring washer go on each end? I should of paid more attention when I took it apart.

In my aea hpss plus .30 just got it 12/06/21. External moderator on shroud adapter then 7 baffles cone end facing breach then 3 spring washers then hollow collar to air stripper on barrel. The baffle stack in shroud is how it came to me. 

i have noticed significant lead collecting in shroud but no apparent baffle strikes on internal or in moderator. The donny fl fx mod that is. 

In my aea hpss plus .30 just got it 12/06/21. External moderator on shroud adapter then 7 baffles cone end facing breach then 3 spring washers then hollow collar to air stripper on barrel. The baffle stack in shroud is how it came to me.

i have noticed significant lead collecting in shroud but no apparent baffle strikes on internal or in moderator. The donny fl fx mod that is.
I just received the .22 model of the AEA HP SS and did the same dumb thing. I didn't actually know it has a built-in moderator, so I bought the DonnyFL adapter at the same time I ordered it and moderator buck-rail.com. So I took the end cap off holding the gun in a safe position (down) and all the baffles fell out (and a large 1" deep spacer at the bottom, which didn't come out until everything else was out so I know the spring-spacers don't go under that). Like everyone else, I had no idea how to install them. I thought the cone-end went toward the breech like everyone says. The only problem is, if you do that what do you do with the spring spacers? Unlike your .30, they can't go on last because they are the same size as the inside of the cone, so they drop all the way to the bottom of the last cone and can't actually make contact with the end cap. I'm wondering if they go in first then the cones? I tried putting all the cones in backwards and then you have a place for the spring-washer to go in last and make contact. Sign me "confused." However, I'll know more shortly. The gun that was sent to me was a used, or refurbished, or a "return" gun (had the paint scratched off where they had mounted a scope, scratched the paint off the top of the receiver, and had a cracked magazine). I paid for a new one not a used one, so the dealer is going to take it back and send me a brand new one. I'll carefully take it apart and and count the pieces and order of installation and post it on here for inquiring minds.

Last edited:
This is how mine came in my Terminator. As others have said cone towards breech. Washers and spacer go in last.

PhotoPictureResizer_1680182009834_copy_1948x710[1].jpg

Reactions: RAMJET66
This is how mine came in my Terminator. As others have said cone towards breech. Washers and spacer go in last.

View attachment 344356
I think that's how mine was, as it's the only way the spacer springs would actually serve any purpose, but my large spacer (on your left side of your picture) was at the very bottom. I tried shooting it with the baffles turned both ways and it makes absolutely no difference in the sound. I added a second silencer on the end of the barrel with a DonnyFL adapter and it still made no difference in the sound.