• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA AEA HP MAX .510

Did it ever come back up in fps? The last one did lost 35 fps on average, but after about a month of shooting and cleaning it came back up to where it was before with no other adjustments and the grouping continued to improve as well. Seems to have platued at this point, but I'm probably at the limit of my skill.
No the velocity didn't come back.....still at 800 fps........going to cast some more slugs.and try some a lil larger size...maybe .511 or so and see if I get any velocity back....

Getting there! So I cleaned and lemon pledge my barrel. The light brown and black target is 50 yards. The low left is my first shot. They are always different. The real good group is 20 yards. I ran 6 shots the chrony with only 17 sd. I'm using pro slugs 290gr HP CB. So far therse seem like the round for this gun. Its averaging 236 ft lbs. Way under the 300 to 400 stated by manufacturer. Could be the bottle conversion slowing it down. May put the factory tank back on and see what it does.
20230922_120546.jpg
20230922_105303.jpg

Reactions: DirtyGator
What should this Max .510 be putting out in power?
I know most power ratings for AEA are the first shot with highest fill pressure.
Factory says 300 fpe with 13" barrel and 400 with 22" barrel. All with 210 grains.
As stated in beginnning of thread had accuracy issues and the swagged pro slugs with any dish or cup base was the only ones that would group.

I bought this to deer and bear hunt. I wanted at least 350 to 400 fpe on my first shot.

The best I can do is 238 fpe with the 700cc cf bottle. I would use for deer but not bear. Even with deer I would keep it under 50 yards.
I bought a reg to try. 4500 psi with reg on 240 bar. I was hoping for 3 shots over 220 fpe. I can get three shots before it falls off reg. I am limited with 350cc tank not ready to invest any more in this gun.(500cc tank)
Stats: with 22" barrel
700cc bottle 238 fpe (290 gr pro slus)
Oriignal tank with 217 fpe and under 200 by third. (290 pro slugs)
330 gr nielson do 224 fpe and all the way down to 168 by second.(reg and tank size probably limits the heavier ammo.

Anything im missing or can do? Hammer spring ect ect ect!

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the spec on it should be, but that does seem low. Is the velocity close to consistent shot to shot? Sorry to hear this as it looked like you made some progress with it.
I just put the small barrel back on with is @ 13 inches. Haven't tested accuracy but my first shot was 311 fpe and average 265 fpe through 6 ahots. 260 grain slugs 735 fps!. I'm guessing that my 22 inch barrel is junk.