• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning AEA HP cycling issues

I use a pair of needle nose vise grips to loosen the cylinder to bolt rod until it clears the bolt. Then screw in or out to adjust the cylinder position This eliminates pulling the barrel. The set screw on top front of the receiver is used to snug the barrel in my rifles and that eliminates barrel turning. I do that as soon as I set magazine gap. I suspect some of the issue with blowback in your gun is firing through two moderators and the probable increase in back pressure. I have a shorter shroud on mine with no room for baffles. The moderator I use is a Sumo.

Looks like you have proper tension on the internal baffles, have you tested for accuracy? My Terminator shoots large groups when I leave springs out, the baffles need to be snug in my rifle to shoot accurate. Another thing I do is space the hammer spring. This may or may not increase velocity but it minimized spring bounce for me and allowed full power shots at 3600 psi.

You are correct on dirty pellets. I eventually went to slugs which were much cleaner and stopped the 400 round trigger cleaning I went through with pellets. The trigger has to toggle past the sear then reset. Lead dust builds in this toggle slot and will cause the trigger not to work. Good solution you demonstrated with inverting gun and working the trigger.

Jim