AEA HP Carbine Bottle Swap?

Yes you can I have a 480 FX bottle on my HP SS Plus using the AEA bottle adapter that you have installed on the aluminum bottle. Just degass and unscrew and change bottles.

so my c/f bottle on my old impact will work on my AEA 22 cal HP SS semi auto ? which curently has the 500 cc metal ( ? ) i am not sure of metal tank or alum, i just know it is heavy . TIA..

Reactions: peterj59
Yes but you need a bottle adapter to do the conversion. The .22 HP SS tank has a different adapter

This is what the bottle and adapter looks like.

https://www.aeaairgun.net/product-page/350cc-aea-hp-air-rifle-fiber-tank-kit-for-22-25-all-kinds-version-in-stock

I found the adapter only at:

https://foxairpower.com/collections/accessories/products/carbon-fiber-bottle-adapter-for-aea-hp-models

Thanks Tinkers, apreciate it , so i guess i will look for a used one if possible, is it just a thread it on process ? roger

Fast forward to Dec 2022, using your posts/tips I let the air out of the stock OEM tank on my HP .30 cal. carbine, then easily unscrewed the tank, and replaced it with a carbon fiber tank.

You want to do this. The OEM tank is heavy steel, a lot of unnecessary weight for this airgun.

Bonus Comment: Bought the CF tank for $130. Guess where it was made (see pic).

AEA HP Carbine .30 cal. carbon fiber tank left view.jpg

final  AEA .30 cal. Carbine carbon v. OEM bottle compare.jpg

View attachment carbon fiber left view OEM bottle compare AEA HP Plus Carbine .30 cal..jpg

Fast forward to Dec 2022, using your posts/tips I let the air out of the stock OEM tank on my HP .30 cal. carbine, then easily unscrewed the tank, and replaced it with a carbon fiber tank.

You want to do this. The OEM tank is heavy steel, a lot of unnecessary weight for this airgun.

Bonus Comment: Bought the CF tank for $130. Guess where it was made (see pic).

View attachment 315566

View attachment 315569

View attachment 315567
can i ask where you purchased the tank ?

can i ask where you purchased the tank ?
Hi, I'm new here so I don't know the rules; e.g., can I post links to the product (because that interferes with the sponsors/advertisers).

Assuming I can't, the brand name is "Tuxing" - which I never heard of so I did some research. An engineer had positive remarks about the brand, so I bought three in various sizes. Check AMZN by searching "TUXING Carbon Fiber HPA Paintball Tank Air System,0.42L,4500psi Carbon Fiber Air Tank for PCP Paintball Scuba SCBA" or:

"TUXING 30Mpa 4500Psi 0.7L 42Cu in 700cc Carbon Fiber HPA Tank, Gas Cylinder, Paintball Hunting for PCP Air Rifle Gun Daystate and FX Thread M18 * 1.5

Also, some guys are selling on fleabay, e.g., user name "freshair880"

Also, here's a site I relied on to choose the Tuxing tank: https://www.bestreviews.guide/carbon-fiber-paintball-tank

ok thank you, i have the thread adapter purchased from Bin last yr
So you have an AEA SS (super short) that needs that specific thread "converter?"

My install was on the AEA Carbine, which has the standard male M18x1.5-6H thread inside. Because the standard tank regulator is internal to the Carbine no adapter or proprietary adapter/converter needed, it was simply a tank swap, unscrew the old, screw on the new..

Last edited:
So you have an AEA SS (super short) that needs that specific thread "converter?"

My install was on the AEA Carbine, which has the standard female M18x1.5-6H thread inside. Because the standard tank regulator is internal to the Carbine no adapter or proprietary adapter/converter needed, it was simply a tank swap, unscrew the old, screw on the new..
yes i have the 1st gen HPSS semi auto & it is heavy , but easier to cock than the 22 hpss plus , that has a Tube (i think) & it is really hard to cock, i PREFER the older one, but it has a 500cc tank , would love to make it lighter

Reactions: Patsfan23