Tuning AEA HP Carbine Assassin .30 cal w/ HUMA-AIR Regulator

I have a question: I just bought a HUMA-AIR Bottle Regulator for my AEA HP Carbine Assassin/Backpacker w/ the CF bottle, in .30 Caliber. The HUMA Reg. came set (label on bag) @ 129 BAR. (I have a threshold of 70 - 155 BAR I can use) I went from an average of 730 FPS +/- (w/o the REG.) with JSB .30 Hades-44.75g or Generic eBay-46g Pellets, to 635 FPS +/- when I added the HUMA REG. (?) The AEA HP Carbine already has a generous shot count as is, unregulated. I want to achieve similar power levels (700+ FPS) with a consistent "FLAT" "Power Curve" (more important to me) as opposed to more "Shot COUNT". Any suggestions on the REGULATOR's setting or hammer spring to achieve this? I'm not sure if the AEA HP is hammer adjustable or not (?) Any info or tips would be HIGHLY appreciated! Thanks.

Here are my results after multiple tinkerings:

AEA HP Carbine .30 Cal *** (UNREGULATED) *** = Avg. 734 FPS / 55.02 FPE

(Maximum: 748 FPS / Standard Deviation: 6 / Spread: 28) 69 degrees F

AEA HP Carbine .30 Cal w/ Huma Regulator@129 BAR +/- = Avg. 636 FPS / 41.35 FPE

(Maximum: 646 FPS / Standard Deviation: 4 / Spread: 19) 74 degrees F

AEA HP Carbine .30 Cal w/ Huma Regulator@155 BAR +/- = Avg. 663 FPS / 44.89 FPE

(Maximum: 670 FPS / Standard Deviation: 4 / Spread: 18) 78 degrees F

AEA HP Carbine .30 Cal w/ Huma Regulator@170 BAR +/- = Avg. 680 FPS / 47.23 FPE

(Maximum: 686 FPS / Standard Deviation: 4 / Spread: 15) 72 degrees F

Reactions: darylm
25.4 air arms pellets she shoots slugs really well too.

141464E1-FE2C-4DE1-838C-7F92803B55C0.png

there is a little more going on with regulating a gun , usally restrictions for flow are usally opened up , transfer port and barrel , valve spring may be lightened up , , etc .. its best to research a project before proceeding sometimes to avoid suprises , if your lucky motorhead Scott " may chime in with a little more info on where you stand with your project , good luck on your journey

I know it’s not regulated and I love to tinker so I just wanted to see what kind of power I could get out of this thing. I can fill to higher pressures over the 3600 psi and it does still cycle with AEA mags I bought a AE Swede high capacity mag and not so much although it was with 33.5 nielsens I did wind the spring tighter but still no go I’ll try with the lighter pellets in that mag. I think because I polished everything and it’s broke in so to speak that’s why it cycles I did plug all holes at the end of barrel but one and have 3 turns in on the piston meaning 3 threads showing in front of piston on the barrel. A lot of fun tinkering.
but the power for a 8” barrel is pretty cool

241D0922-BDB0-43D0-AAC2-96FF6993E59E.jpeg

65C61682-DBA4-4B36-8E45-E40173003B4C.jpeg

That's some impressive power. I have some comparisons I can give that are like for like. My rifle is the TD model in 25 cal. with the 13 inch barrel. It has one modification to the black disc in front, turned in 3 turns. I did this to soften the action cycle some. I noticed NO difference in velocity after that adjustment but it did seem less violent when cycling. I fill my rifle to 3600 psi. With 33.6 gr Nielsen's it averages over 25 shots 797 fps, SD 11. With 25.4 gr JSB's 30 shots at an average of 901 fps and SD 9.

By far the most accurate out of my rifle are the 26 gr slugs. The 26.8 gr Nielsens shoot average of 30 shots at 887 fps with SD of 12. You may want to try some. You have me wondering now what you could get out of a carbine in 30 cal.

I took the adapter with me to hardware store to see which ones would fit then drilled the right size hole for the guide to fit it. It wasn’t easy to hold the little washer’s but can be done I used needle nose vise grips to hold them.

Anybody know the gauge size installed on the HUMA bottle regulator for this thing? 23mm or 25mm?