• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA AEA has the most unreliable air guns

AEA air guns are seriously overpriced.

Is this a parody account?

Everyone knows AEA are the most capable guns you can get on a budget, that's why they sell like hot cakes.

Maybe you should build your own guns on the cheap, I'm sure Home Depot has everything you need. Surely the custom build quality in your American garage will exceed that of the assembly-line junk they're producing in Taiwan.

Reactions: Sicumj and Perle
Exactly. Too many times those "educated" people would look down on others or think higher of themselves than they should.

We had an engineer at our last job giving us grief and didnt know what he was talking about with the machines. I told him I would rather take the word and inputs of an experienced operator working with the machines day in and day out, over that of a college educated idiot. He turned beet red and was livid. Coworkers were shocked but said I was spot on. As expected we were proved right as we had been seeing the trends of what they were doing.

Even in A&P school they made it clear that it was a license to learn. To give the starting foundation to build upon, but the real knowledge would come in our first jobs and as we progressed along in our careers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: darylm
Nobody1

Why are you making threads and repeat comments over and over about the “ crappy but well built Aea “?

We get it.

Seems like you want to piss in every AEA Hp owners Cheerios and spoil their day under the guise of warning others.

I love my AEAs. I have 2 HPs a + and a carbine …. And a new adddition is coming in a used purchase of a hp ss

I don’t want to fight but what is your point? Over and over again ? Same point ? Ok got it

Last edited:
Reactions: silvershooter589
I like AEA rifles. There is something to the Quality of some rifles though or you wouldn't have the complaints. I just went through two pages of PCP threads and Umarex had one complaint, AEA 1.5, and FX 2. I know a man who has been disappointed with the 2 FX rifles he has puchased this year. One a Panthera and a Wildcat compact. He sold both for a loss. I ordered a BSA rifle a few years ago it is the only rifle I considered sending back with a leak and bad pressure guage. But then I shot it and the accuracy was outstanding. So I fixed it and still have it years later. So my point is all manufactures have defects built into their process. Motorola realised this and designed a defective parts system called 6 Sigma.

China is a world leader in manufacturing now. I worked for a company that was a top vendor for John Deere. We had about 200 CNC Mills that did nothing but finsh castings for Johne Deere's intakes, manafolds and engine blocks for their big equipment. Guess where the castings came from? China.

Worked for an air operated pump company that is considered American made. They made pumps for uses in explosive environments and Nuclear. We finished all our castings in house with our CNC department. Again the castings come from China. I doubt anyone here has not supported purchase from China they just don't know it. Back to AEA.

Many American compaies send QA and Engineering to China to observe and measure their process in audits and sometimes with someone who may work there as a Rep for the company doing buisness. I taiked with some of these auditors and they explained something to me I didn't realize. Some companies are linked with many mon and pop shops that have their own manufacturing methods. Take Norinco for example. They are a group of shops that manufacture parts like springs to some who build whole guns. All fall under the banner Norinco, some better than others at supplying parts. I think that is what is going on with AEA right now they are weeding out the dud suppliers (think springs, poppets). If not they should be.

Im not a fan of China at all but I do appreciate the cheaper prices. AEA's in the used market many times sell for half the price they did new. I purchased my first new then bought my last two off members here who wanted to move on both cheap.

I find not being able to get help for AEA a bit of a stretch. You have Bin Tak, Pellet Shop, Fox Air Power, and Utah Air. Hardly two man shops. I had buisness with all mentioned and received texts after hours helping me on issues before.

PhotoPictureResizer_1691954552404.jpg

Last edited:
I didn’t read through most of the thread but the biggest problem is the hammer spring is just way too much.

I bought one just to play with. Clipped hammer spring and valve spring, polished everything. My hp plus can’t be regulated so it ended up with about a 2,300 psi fill and if I remember 3 mags on a fill with a MUCH better cycle. No longer rattles your teeth out. Barrel is a bit crap and couldn’t really fix that but it is ok for smashing soda cans.

The mags suck.

Most UNEDUCATED people say that.

iPhone
Made in china. Most people would say the highest quality cell phone.... again... made in china.

Dumbasses ... i mean the uneducated ... just say china when they really should be saying .... things made WITHOUT QUALITY CONTROL.
Geesh….kind of D-head comment. What he said was absolutely true. Some good stuff comes out of China and some very bad too.

Nobody1

Why are you making threads and repeat comments over and over about the “ crappy but well built Aea “?

We get it.

Seems like you want to piss in every AEA Hp owners Cheerios and spoil their day under the guise of warning others.

I love my AEAs. I have 2 HPs a + and a carbine …. And a new adddition is coming in a used purchase of a hp ss

I don’t want to fight but what is your point? Over and over again ? Same point ? Ok got it
Sorry for the threads, it was my first encounter with AEA and could not believe that an air gun can fail in so many ways.

Since you seem happy with your AEA, I have a few questions.

1. How much time and money did you spend to get your AEA semiauto to work as expected?

2. Do you think that the MAJORITY of air gun shooters have the skills, time, money, etc to get their AEA semiauto to work as expected?

Reactions: MysticalDragon
I suppose I did spend a few bucks, 2 aftermarket valve pins, larger bolt handles for both and sent them to be sorted out. One purely prophylactic and the other after the stock pin cracked. So yes just over 100 each …
Worth every penny as I have some bad nerve damage to my hands.

I see it’s a simple design and I think a majority of people can work on them

As I posted before on another thread, I have a love hate relationship with my AEA HP SS. I love it when it works, and hate it when it doesn't. It is a very fun gun to shoot when it works. I mostly hate it, but I won't sell it.
FelixS
sorry we have not gotten together yet, id still like to see your reximex and maybe shoot it and a 30 caliber.. your welcome to try my guns too..
but I just wanted to say that I don't know if I told you that I have my own machine shop tools, so a lot of metal parts and machine shop is close to you..
I'm sorry I am slow and well I haven't had much of any time lately..
too many Dr appt.
Mark

Reactions: FelixS
At least your rod and bolt do no detach from each other every shooting session.
I know how to thread the rod back into the bolt, but it is not fun doing it every 2-3 magazines.
Nick

I would have probably bought the new rod and bolt but I’m glad that it’s working for you in bolt action mode.

Let’s see a pic of that SS !