AEA Element MAX - this one puzzles me. What do you think?

As you might know, the AEA Element is a gun available in 22, 25, and more recently 30. I don't think it ever had the power to push 30 caliber. But the gun was ultralight (I think 2.8 pounds normally and 3+ lbs with the more recent regulator upgrade), relatively compact / carbine, has a bunch of awesome carbon fiber, magazine fed with an OK shot count for what it is, and reportedly decent accuracy.

1675208376028.png

So now AEA has announced the AEA Element Max. WTH?

1675208340129.png

So this one is 5.2 lbs, single shot with a single action revolver style thumb cocking lever, and some big power numbers and different calibers.
Muzzle Energy:

• .457 CAL UP TO 400 FPE
  • .50 CAL UP TO 450 FPE
  • .510 CAL UP TO 480 FPE
  • .58 CAL UP TO 600 FPE
Muzzle Velocity:

• .45 CAL @ 195 GR UP TO 960 FPS
  • .50 CAL @ 245 GR UP TO 909 FPS
  • .510 CAL @ 300 GR UP TO 849 FPS
  • .58 CAL @ 445 GR UP TO 779 FPS

$849.00 at BinTac https://www.bintacllc.com/product-p...nt-max-big-bore-with-free-upgrade-from-bintac

I wish they made this a six shooter like the Evanix AR6 Hunting Master. And maybe in a smaller caliber but a short barrel. That would be a really fun upgrade to the HP Max!

Here's a video of Shooter1721 taking one shot off it. Hopefully a more informative video to follow.

5.2lbs, 16" barrel, folding stock, and 58cal at 600FPE. That makes for an impressive compact BIG BORE airgun or as Mr. Rehm says, an EPIC Truck Gun...

Having watched AEA though, I'm worried they're going to come out with a short barrel mag fed 6 shooter in a few weeks. This one is already for sale with no early announcements. That's how they do! Maybe I'll wait to see what BinTac customizes. This would be a great platform for trying shotgun shells too.

Right, they do tend to release new models quickly and with no notice. Pretty dang powerful. 45 cal is on par or above what a real 45acp pistol would do power wise
More power then the HP Max series, 400fpe compared to 244fpe. Single shot designs typically allow longer slugs than designs with a magazine.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
I’m an owner of the element max in 50 cal. Not to burn on them but I’m goin to tell the truth about the experience.

First, after putting about 30 rounds through it . It started having real bad valve bounce and would dump half of the air from the tank.

Second, is the run around on what the issue could be. 3 different dealers 3 different opinions. Was sent a new valve pin and replaced it. Didn’t fix the issue.

I found the issue, the valve springs they use are made from cheap un-tempered inadequate material and after x amount of shots. They collapse.

Third, availability of parts. Could not get a valve spring from AEA. Too be honest kinda glad as I would have gotten the same spring with the same problem. I had to go to a few different gun smith’s to find a spring. I found one that had proper tension. However, it was 3 times as long. After cutting and filing one end flat so it would sit flush in the valve chamber. I finally got the gun to shoot and not dump its near entire charge of air.

It’s shooting fine now, but future consumers should be made aware of the spring issue as it is a cross a few different models. The spring I replace mine with was a high quality wolf firearms spring. If anyone has any issues with valve bounce and air dumping. I would almost 100% in most cases say it’s because of your valve spring collapsing. Through it all I still love the element max. Especially after I was able to fix it. It’s shoots fantastic now.

I was at the point of sending it back, it’s like that really hot girl with a banging body, but she’s a total B&)(;. But you think you can fix her. The difference with the element I was able to fix the gun.