• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA Element Max .50 intermittent air

I have an element max and 50 Cal. I have the small water separators that are about 4 inches long. I have two of those and tandem. I didn’t feel comfortable with just using one of the little things. I’m working on getting another one here in a couple weeks a bigger one.
Anyway, the airgun is dumping air, but not all the time. There’s a video on the air dumping issue on YouTube by Ben I follow the instructions that did what it said. And I thought it fixed it.
But then I realized. That if I aired up and went outside and shot it shot fine but if I aired it up and put it up and let it sit for three or four days, full pressure, it would dump half of the air.. on the first shot. After that, it shoot fine I even air it back up to its max and it still shoots fine. I could do that all day long. But if I put it up completely charged and let it sit for three or four or five days. It dumps air on the first shot.
I’m thinking that I’m getting moisture into the tank as it sits it’s condensating inside the tank. on that first shot it’s blowing water out, preventing the valve from closing immediately after the shot.
I was thinking you know if I had water in it, it would do it through every shot first aired up.
So I guess my question is, is it possible that there’s a small amount of moisture? Getting into my tank. And it condensates over a few days?
Thanks in advance

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Watched Bin's video on dumping air issue. After completing repair did things improve? If so, even temporarily, you're on the right track. If repairs helped, I'd complete procedures again, but go one step further to allow full air dry of bottle. I'd first search out steps needed to properly allow air drying of bottle, via YouTube repair videos, then allow for a day, or two, for open air drying, before re-assembly. WM

It seemed like it work I shot about 50 rounds through it filled it back up and put it up. Got it out about 4 days later it dumped on first shot. Filled it back up shot about 20 rounds no dumping. Filled it up, put it up a week later dumped on fist shot. Filled it up shot fine again. Only dose it if I fill it and let it sit for a few days.
IMG_0839.jpeg

No it works fine, and it only does it when it’s full and left untouched for a couple few days after it dumps I can fill it up to its max and it shoots fine for the duration multiple fills. It’s only when it’s filled and left it dumps the first shot. The only thing I can think is hear in the south with a average of 70% air humidity that these water filters are letting in a small amount of moisture that is condensating in the tank if it sits.

Consider that warm, compressed air coming from compressor helps older seals become more elastic and pliable enabling them to hold full pressure. After cooling down a few days everything remains pressurized until first shot, then pressure dump to a level that weakening seals can manage. If this is a recent problem and gun has some age, might be due for a re-seal. WM

Brand new, bought in October holds air fine after that first dump I can fill to max and shoot all day
Consider that warm, compressed air coming from compressor helps older seals become more elastic and pliable enabling them to hold full pressure. After cooling down a few days everything remains pressurized until first shot, then pressure dump to a level that weakening seals can manage. If this is a recent problem and gun has some age, might be due for a re-seal. WM
brand new gun bout in October 2023 after the first dump I can refill to max pressure and shoot it all day with no issues and will hold max pressure for as long as I allow. No leaks

Brand new, bought in October holds air fine after that first dump I can fill to max and shoot all day

brand new gun bout in October 2023 after the first dump I can refill to max pressure and shoot it all day with no issues and will hold max pressure for as long as I allow. No leaks
If gun operated correctly at first and has only recently started air dumping, moisture could be to blame. Bin states air dumping caused by debris plugging small internal holes, if following his repair techniques seemed to help, I'd redo the procedure and take the extra step to check air reservoir for moisture. If tank is clean and dry, you can rule moisture out as the problem. WM

If gun operated correctly at first and has only recently started air dumping, moisture could be to blame. Bin states air dumping caused by debris plugging small internal holes, if following his repair techniques seemed to help, I'd redo the procedure and take the extra step to check air reservoir for moisture. If tank is clean and dry, you can rule moisture out as the problem. WM
No need really, I just take the first shot after that it’s hood. The main concern of mine if it’s water. Water at high pressure will eventually rip through a seal. I’m getting a better water separation system and a dehumidifier for my study to remove moisture from the room. We have 70% humidity here in Arkansas on average it’s in the air when it’s goin into the pumps but I’m thinking it’s getting some in the tank that condensates when it cools. After everything I’ve read that Hass to be it. Other than that initial dumped the gun shoots fine