AEA Challenger Pro magazine "pops out" issue

Wondering if anyone else has this issue. I have the same issue with both of my magazines, although it seems a little more prevalent with one than the other. It also only seems to happen for the first 2 or 3 shots (max) in my 9 shot magazine (I have a 30 caliber).

So what happens is, take the shot, pull back the lever, and then you can't close the lever because the magazine has "popped out" slightly to the right (the side it gets removed from). Not enough to fall out, but enough to misalign the magazine with the pellet probe.

I've found it fairly easy to just tap it back in with my forefinger halfway through cycling the bolt. But also I've seen countless videos of AEA Challenger Pros and never seen anyone mention this happening.

Anyone else seeing this issue? Any clever solutions?

The mag pops out on my regular hp max also. I have the barrel braced as close to the mag as possible and for the first 2-3 shots the mag pops out. The ball bearing isnt large enough to keep the mag held. I put a piece of silencing tape under the bottom side to help prop it to the ball bearing. One of my mags still pops for the first shot after doing this but its fixed the other mag for now. As you can see theres not probs with the detent in the mag.

IMG_20221113_182551742.jpg

Ill post a pic of my perma fix later. But less than 10 bucks you can fix it. Use magnetic tape and a small round neo magnet. I used one from a magnetic magnifying glass. Cut a small piece of mag tap cut to fit the mag face then 2-3 small pieces to make a magnetic catch. Use some e6000 or rubber cement on the neo magnet and press it hard to the adhesive side of one piece of mag tap. Stack the rest of the pieces of mag tap under adhesive on the opposite side of the neo magnet. Press stacked magnet adhesive end to receiver but make sure neo mag aligned with magazine. Set an Let cure for 24 hrs and you now have magnetic mags an catch to stop em from popping out.

Reactions: silvershooter589