• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA Challenger Pro .357 Slugs...??

The hybrids were bangin the pro i had, running almost 1100 fps at 180bar. .356 nsa did great as well, but the drop curve was nice with the hybrids.

How did you get the speed up so high? Did you do something to the hammer spring? From what I'm reading in old posts, the hybrids are doing around 950fps and the NSA 93's 800fps at max reg power.

Reactions: FLPigSticker
I dropped my reg down to 170 bar and added about 14 g to the Hammer. Shooting 125 grain slug size 356 from NSA at 842 ft per second.
The pro is capable of 200 ft pounds give or take if you know how to tune it so I got rid of all my pellets and I only shoot slugs now. 90 grain slugs go in the mid-900's
36-124A-D.png
36-124A-D.png

I dropped my reg down to 170 bar and added about 14 g to the Hammer. Shooting 125 grain slug size 356 from NSA at 842 ft per second.
The pro is capable of 200 ft pounds give or take if you know how to tune it so I got rid of all my pellets and I only shoot slugs now. 90 grain slugs go in the mid-900's View attachment 427197View attachment 427197

From the time I started this thread to now, I've done months of tuning and testing of every slug and reg/washer combo on the planet. And I have mastered this gun with the perfect setup.

You are indeed correct with what the gun is capable of. 👌

From the time I started this thread to now, I've done months of tuning and testing of every slug and reg/washer combo on the planet. And I have mastered this gun with the perfect setup.

You are indeed correct with what the gun is capable of. 👌
I bought one because I saw Mr hollow point testing one from Terry Fox that had an extra spring in the box! I wish I had a spring with one extra coil. I sure wish the regulator was easier to adjust 🤯
I'm able to shoot soda cans at 115 yards with 90 grain hollow points. Setting zero at 75 yards sure helps the long range. Casting my own and sizing 356 and 357 shows that 356 is slightly higher muzzle velocity with heavier slugs.

I bought one because I saw Mr hollow point testing one from Terry Fox that had an extra spring in the box! I wish I had a spring with one extra coil. I sure wish the regulator was easier to adjust 🤯
I'm able to shoot soda cans at 115 yards with 90 grain hollow points. Setting zero at 75 yards sure helps the long range. Casting my own and sizing 356 and 357 shows that 356 is slightly higher muzzle velocity with heavier slugs.

95 grain Griffin flat base .357diam. flying at 920fps is the secret sauce. 👌

Reactions: silvershooter589
I have been interested in getting a Pro 357. Curious, if I ever wanted more fpe. Had anyone on here taken the reg off? I was also thinking if the reg is off. It could accommodate a larger tank. I guess at the point you would be creating a little/ more compact Challenger Bullpub.

Buy the Long barrel/Big Plenum version and add a 500cc tank. Then turn reg up to 210, add two 12 gauge washers, and boom..... way more power than the standard. Possibly 300fpe.

Reactions: Dragon53
Buy the Long barrel/Big Plenum version and add a 500cc tank. Then turn reg up to 210, add two 12 gauge washers, and boom..... way more power than the standard. Possibly 300fpe.
You sound like you know the Challenger pretty well. What do you think I could do energy wise with the standard pro? I kind feel like the pro long is a little too long. Especially with a moderator.

You sound like you know the Challenger pretty well. What do you think I could do energy wise with the standard pro? I kind feel like the pro long is a little too long. Especially with a moderator.

Standard pro most power you can get is 180-200 fpe depending on slug weight and design.
I have my standard pro slinging 95 grain slugs 920fps, 180fpe. And she shoots with masterclass accuracy. Here is what my 100 yard groups look like...
20240121_182347.jpg

Standard pro most power you can get is 180-200 fpe depending on slug weight and design.
I have my standard pro slinging 95 grain slugs 920fps, 180fpe. And she shoots with masterclass accuracy. Here is what my 100 yard groups look like...
View attachment 427570
Nice group! How many shots per fill are you getting at that setting? How is it on your ears?

Looking to buy another AEA Challenger Pro in .357 cal. What slug diameter has been generally good in these... .356, .357, .358....??

I'll probably buy some FX Hybrids too because their light for some fast trajectory moments.
If you shoot a lot of hybrids you can save money buying direct from the manufacturer (RMR). $75 for 500 free shipping.
35calpellet-1[1].jpg

Reactions: silvershooter589
Nice group! How many shots per fill are you getting at that setting? How is it on your ears?

I have a 500cc tank so I get 14 shots.
Pushing maximum power, that's pretty good. If I was running stock settings with the crappy stock grey spring, it would probably be 40 shots, lol.

As far as sound, with a Ronin you won't hear much.

I have a 500cc tank so I get 14 shots.
Pushing maximum power, that's pretty good. If I was running stock settings with the crappy stock grey spring, it would probably be 40 shots, lol.

As far as sound, with a Ronin you won't hear much.

I have been interested in getting a Pro 357. Curious, if I ever wanted more fpe. Had anyone on here taken the reg off? I was also thinking if the reg is off. It could accommodate a larger tank. I guess at the point you would be creating a little/ more compact Challenger Bullpub.
You're maxed out at about 215 ft lb. I tuned it down to 195 for more consistency. I've tried Hades, polymag, FX hybrid and std pellets. Shot count is another consideration. This is done with 175 bar regulated. The spring is the master control. Just add one or two machine bushings on top of the hammer and put the spring back in and do a crony check 💥
I don't use any pellets now. 90 grain hollow point work good out to a hundred yards for soda cans or raccoons🦝. Now I cast almost all my own ammo but I still use some commercial available 9 mm! That is size 356. I have some 357 sizing dies and also a 356. I cast hundred slugs and that lube and size them to 357 and some to 356. Over the chronograph the 356's are going 5 or 10 ft per second faster even though they weigh the same. 125 grain slug going 850 ft/sec is at 200 ft.lbs

I think the elite version is the way to go because the regulator is externally adjustable. I saw a demonstration where the magazines hold larger ammo than the pro because the elite version is much beefier. Terry Fox did a demonstration shooting 10 shots or I think two whole magazines with the regulator turned up to 210 bar. The magazines can also accept slugs that are 50% longer and heavier so if I ever have to do this again I would go with the pro version but make sure it's the elite pro