• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Aea challenger pro .30 cal. Wont fill air to high side just comes back out fill.

Had to drain both sides to replace pressure gage and now wont fill. Unscrewed tanks and removed regulator to inspect o-rings and ports. Looked good. Lubed and put back together. Sill wont fill. Air goes in until pressure blows fill hose out and air flows out fill port until all out. If I apply pressure to fill hose probe no help. Seems like air isnt going into high pressure side? Has anyone seen this before?

Is the fill port hole on the bottom of the gun perfectly aligned with the metallic looking rail that has a slot in it? If you take the tank / reg apart you have to be careful not to screw them back in too much. You might be able to insert the fill probe but it might be pushing against that metallic rail and messing up your o-ring seal.

Although as you mentioned the air blowing out through the fill port, I think this is a different issue than I described. Not sure about that. Who'd you buy the gun from?

Is the fill port hole on the bottom of the gun perfectly aligned with the metallic looking rail that has a slot in it? If you take the tank / reg apart you have to be careful not to screw them back in too much. You might be able to insert the fill probe but it might be pushing against that metallic rail and messing up your o-ring seal.

Although as you mentioned the air blowing out through the fill port, I think this is a different issue than I described. Not sure about that. Who'd you buy the gun from?
I think I bought it from the pellet shop. The hole is aligned with the rail and no dirt or debris. Have been looking for vids on youtube and have seen a few with same issue but just complaints no repairs or explanations.

When you say you "had to drain both sides to replace a pressure gauge", how did you do that?

I've only used the reg pressure gauge -- as that's what I was told -- to degas the gun. Basically loosen it a little until all the air is out. Just curious if you did something different.

Definitely keen on finding out the issue here, as I'd like to avoid problems on my own C Pro 30 and be able to fix any issues that may arise. I've taken mine mostly apart and back together several times but still scratching my head, unless you have a broken part. I haven't checked out the internals of the air probe/regulator section beyond just adjusting it. I did have a faulty regulator shipped with my gun that was fixed by BinTac and works fine ever since though. This caused a very slow leak which I believe was coming from the fill probe hole.

That is really greatly appreciated man. I simply backed off pressure gauge same as you said and ended up putting same gauge back in because digital gauge I bought was to big to fit. Then attempted to fill right away and wouldn’t lol. The regulator is suspect to me as its the only thing I see that allows air through. Is there a website to order internal parts and/or get diagrams or anything more than the breakdown pic they have on the aea site?

In the tube next to the regulator there is a screw next to another screw that looks like a jam screw. What are those for and what are they supposed to be set at.
One screw holds the other screw in place and also there's a tiny O ring On the bottom Screw If you If you change that o ring out don't overtight it the other screw holds it form moving around Just tighten it snug It can leak air there as well