AEA Challenger deBOINGer (Bison Workshop) installation and results

This is going to sound like an advertisement because I'm so thrilled with the results of this.

If you have an AEA Challenger, at least the larger calibers, you know the gun has a really loud and annoying BOING. To the shooter, this sound is much louder than the muzzle report. You need earplugs just for the BOING, and it sounds like poop.

I have a 357 Challenger SL and I've got slugs and pellets stacked to the roof, but I haven't been using it as much because the BOING is so annoying.

OK, so I have a few Bison Workshop parts already. I have the nice aluminum cocking knobs on both my AEA guns. I also have the barrel band on my 357 Challenger SL. So I saw he came out with a depinger for the Challengers (I think the size he has available is for .30 and .357 caliber, not sure about others). I couldn't really tell from his YouTube video if it made a difference in the sound.

So it came in today -- degassed my gun, shoved this thing all the way up into the air tube, gassed it up again and took a shot into the dark (it's night).

CRACK!

Whoooa! No BOING at all! It actually sounds sweet! I couldn't even hear that CRACK before over the BOING. Now it's 0% BOING and 100% CRACK. I love it.

Get this.

https://bisonairriflesandparts.com/shop/ols/products/29mm-de-pinger

Is that part just a hollow 3d plastic cylinder with o-rings?

I'm pretty sure it's an aluminum cup with a hole in the bottom.

It's one of those 3D printed plastic units. Basically a cylinder with 2 concave cones on the ends, a pretty small hole in the middle, and 2 o-rings on the outside.

Took a few more shots with the Challenger this afternoon. Doesn't affect performance at all and the gun now sounds like a 22LR with subsonic ammo. I dare even say backyard friendly, depending on your neighbors.

Just a follow up and an important note. I noticed my point of impact was a bit off at 75 so I took out the chrony and noticed the gun was shooting a little under spec.

Talked to Bison and decided to push it halfway up the tube instead. Of course that requires a little disassembly. So I would suggest saving yourself the hassle and install this 50% down the air tube, not shoved in all the way. Because now I have full power again and the boing is still gone.