• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA Challenger bullpup

Thank you so much for your reply. I took the whole gun apart and found the main air tube valve was semi stucked. I played with it...loose up the valve spring and re tight it. I also had one of the transfer point Orings a bit crushed. Changed it for a bit thicker one and all is fixed now.

I watched a video where Zach is I stalling the metal round rings inside the shrouded tube. It is a bit confusing if they go with the smaller round opening facing the rear of the gun or the other way around.....can you shed some light pls.??

Thanks

TS

I didn't find any video of him working on a Challenger.

I am guessing you mean the baffles. Little cup with a hole in the bottom. The top or rim faces down towards the action/trigger. The hole faces the end of the barrel the pellet shoots out of.

I appreciate your explanation of your fix. I was kinda thinking about the valve too. If you really meant constant leak, and coming out of the end of the barrel, that would imply the valve is not closing. But I didn't know if that is what you meant since orings was your inquiry.

(By the way, if it not assembled yet. Cleaning the barrel when separated is a lot faster)

@teddysoto Glad you fixed your air leak. I replaced o-rings on the adjuster knob with slightly smaller diameter thicker o-rings. Made it harder to reassemble it but it makes a huge difference. The knob is much more stiff to turn but stays in position much better and the seal is way better. 

I do make replacement baffles for the Challenger shroud. Im dealing with some printer issues right now. 5 years of printing and no maintenance has finally caught up to me. Once I get everything fixed Ill let you know with a few others that have been very patiently waiting for me to sell them some. 

Albee,. These are the specs for the waffles on a Call .30.

Well.....for the life of me I am not able to upload pics on this site. The small icon with the mountain pic next to the happy face icon is not responding.

Here we go:

Inner circle diameter for Cal .30 is 9.9mm

Outter diameter of waffle is 24.9mm

Waffle height is 15.03mm

Total of 7 waffles.

Thanks

TS

@teddysoto Thanks for the love. I got dimensions from AEA for the challenger line. Glad to see your dimensions match what they say it should be. 

Im hoping replacement parts will arrive today or tomorrow. Ive got 2 orders ahead of you currently. Ill send you a direct message on here when I have your order complete and ready for payment and address to ship it too.

@bluemoon_wulf and @decobra1 keep an eye out for a message from me on your requests also. 

Bluemoon -

I would first try opening the holes in the barrel/shroud bushing as large as you can get them. Give some actual airspace for the shots exit air to move to the other side and into the larger "chamber". I'm not a fan of adding six or eight inches of silencer onto the end of a barrel unless absolutely necessary.

Another thing I might try, is to remove the bushing and move it farther down the barrel a few inches. It would still support the shroud, but would also give more air space for expansion. I assume that it's threaded onto the end of the barrel... Just drill out the threads till it's a snug fit onto the O.D. of the barrel, then drill and tap for a small set screw or two to lock it to the barrel. Moving it back two or three inches, along with larger holes should reduce the bark.

Mike