AEA Challenger .22 4500 psi upgrade kit speeds

Not a review. Just some initial numbers for folks who were wondering what kinds of speeds the AEA Challenger .22 with 4500 psi upgrade kit offered by BinTac. 
Rifle was filled to 4000-4100 psi. I didn't have a full 4500 psi tank on hand. Shooting JSB .22 25.39gr pellets. Rifle at max air flow setting. Shots are in order from shot 19 - 33 (14 shots) on my FX Chrony. Rifle is silent. The ping of the rifle and impact, is louder than the shot by far. 

IMG-3846.1639951187.jpg

IMG-3844.1639951200.PNG

IMG-3845.1639951211.PNG

@heavy-impact yes, its "gunskins". Wait for them to go on sale and register a new email to get an additional $10 off. I picked up a couple of skins during black Friday $59 and free shipping. I can wrap on avg three stocks with the XL sheet. I normally wrap all of my hunting wood stocks to protect them. The wraps are easy to apply with a hair dryer. Also its easy to remove and doesn't leave a sticky residue. I used before camoform but it was always getting dirty. I only camoform my grips now. 

https://www.gunskins.com/products/gear-skin-xl?variant=32141361152113

Reactions: heavy-impact
@airgunmatt Well they both are made in China but there are so many differences between the two from ergo to design. I think they are very different. The AEA currently can be had for $150 less than the Marauder. 

Note a quick search on the internet says Benjamin is made in the USA. So that must be the $150 difference. But they are very different guns if you looks at the design details.

AEA guns that I have are performing great - Challenger .357 , Challenger .30 ...32 inch barrel and the big 9 gun .357 side lever bullpup 30 inch barrel ... Now I am thinking about getting the .25 challenger with high power mods that Bin has , just like .22 it's a power house right out of the box no real need to tune just break in the gun ,and have fun with it ... Dan H 

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
@gunfighter I was an early adopter with my AEA Terminator Gen 1. Since then they have flooded the market with what the people want. I have the Challenger .22, .30, (getting a .25). I also have Bin's new shorty .457 on preorder. I can't wait for that sweetness. BTW have you found a good shooting slug for the Challenger .30 32"? I have mine tuned down for .30 JSB Hades atm and haven't found a slug I like yet. It shoots very good tuned down with the pellets.

BTW have you found a good shooting slug for the Challenger .30 32"? I have mine tuned down for .30 JSB Hades atm and haven't found a slug I like yet. It shoots very good tuned down with the pellets.

I don't own this gun but I did a lot of research on it. You'll need slugs in either .303 or .304 diameter. NSA only offers .300 diameter but I found a guy that casts really nice "Bob's Boattails".

Order two sample pack from this guy, 1 hp and one solid, he's great to deal with. You can specify 2 or 3 bore diameters like .303 and .304 or add .302 but I'd rather have just .303 and .304 in your case.

He offers 61gn hollow point and 68gn solid in this caliber cast from 99.9% pure lead per his description. If you stick with just two diameters you'll get about 20 of each per sample pack. $10 each shipped https://www.ebay.com/itm/293614809601

The trigger on my .30 AEA Challenger Bullpup was HIDEOUS (creepy, crunchy 9-3/4 pounds!) until I worked it over to break crisply at 2-1/2 pounds.

Considering you didn't find a worthwhile power-band until shot #19 of a 4000-4100 PSI fill, looks to me like a 4500 psi upgrade kit is as useful as teats on a boar hog.
What kind of work do you end up doi g to três ice the lbs of trigger pull? I own a AEA .30 Challenger. Just put on the regulator about to test it.
Looking forward to seeing results

"What kind of work do you end up doi g to três ice the lbs of trigger pull?"

I chronicled virtually everything I did to my .30 Challenger bullpup in MANY posts and threads on this AGN forum. Think you can find those with the search function by concentrating on me and ".30 Challenger", in the PCP and General Discussion sections.

But to summarize my results, I achieved the best 100 yard accuracy with my .;30 Challenger I've ever achieved in sixty years of airgunning and thirty+ years of testing hundreds of airguns of all kinds.

AEA .81 at 100.jpg

Here's a close-up of my sear-engagement adjuster. I also lightened any and all springs in the trigger and/or sear, and moly-lubed the sear surfaces.

AEA sear adjuster.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RM.510bigbore