• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

AEA / BinTac Defender 2.0 Info, Q&A, Tip, Tricks & Modifications Thread

I hit up Bin Lu about a month ago seeing if I could get a bundle deal on a Defender 2.0 ... I wanted both 357 and 457 barrels, extra air cartridges, extra burst discs.
Here's what I received. Defender 2.0 with 3x 357 barrels, 3x 457 barrels, 6 air cartridges and a bunch of extra burst discs.

I have shot this about 15 times so far, about half an half with each barrel. I got .356 sized 120g slugs and .456 sized 155g slugs from Texoma Precision Ammo specifically for the Defender 2.

Now, I have not had any misfires, double fires, or issues some on YouTube have shown. I actually think a couple of these people doing videos were intentionally sloppy and perhaps trying to give it a bad name. Because common sense comes into play when operating this. And I have tested cartridges for 10+ days and they haven't lost a sip of air in that time.

It goes boom every time. Complaints? Yes. The trigger sucks, some people might even need two fingers. Maybe that's a good thing as well, because it's probably child-proof in that aspect. It might break in a bit after use, and you can break it in without the gun having carts loaded. That seemed to help. Also, it slightly underperforms (on average) the 45-50 FPE numbers it's advertised at. More like anywhere between 30 and 70 FPE but probably closer to 35-40 FPE on average. Still a bit more punch than the original model. I have not yet isolated the source of the variance, which is my next goal.

It certainly does pack a close range punch but probably difficult to hit anything beyond 20 yards and certainly less if it's a small target.

For now I'm keeping it, since these carts do seem to hold a fill long enough that it's not a big deal (and you can top them off pretty easily with a couple hand pumps even, if it did start to leak. You can tell by the burst discs, if they have a bulge and how pronounced, how much air it's got... roughly of course).

A fascinating device that I'd like to optimize. This 2.0 model doesn't have an arrow kit, but maybe the old arrow kit works on these bigger cartridges. I think that would make it an even better "defender".

Defender-2.jpg

Reactions: SniPeralez