• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA big bore 357 owners

I have ordered AEA big bore 357 bullpup and was wondering what people where using for ammo, slugs and pellets.

Thank; you
well i just got the standard big bore with side leaver myself, check out graf and sons reloading and look for .356bullets/9mm
I have ordered AEA big bore 357 bullpup and was wondering what people where using for ammo, slugs and pellets.

Thank; you

Thank; you
check out graf and sons .356/9mm bullets , next go to wideners reloading and do same and then check out barrys bullets , everything you find will be better and cheaper than anything you can get on ebay or amazon. and that rifle uses .356cal and 9mm is .355 so its good too.

well i just got the standard big bore with side leaver myself, check out graf and sons reloading and look for .356bullets/9mm

check out graf and sons .356/9mm bullets , next go to wideners reloading and do same and then check out barrys bullets , everything you find will be better and cheaper than anything you can get on ebay or amazon. and that rifle uses .356cal and 9mm is .355 so its good too.
If you're going to get something that's not pure lead and has a copper jacket then go .001 smaller. AEA Challenger likes 356 so fmj 355 bullet works.

actually the electroplated ones are good . jacketed is a no go. thought you knew that. but no worries. use gt bullets instead . for .357 sized down to .356, or graf and sons is still good. as well as barrys bullets for some really nice copper electroplating that will still work in air rifles over a hundred fpe.
for .30cal and .25cal i have been using rogue precision ammunition its air rifle slugs. use my promo THE LAST WORD and get special discounts /free splatter targets and orders over $49 are shipped free. so enjoy.

I shoot a different rifle in .357 and have been very happy with ProSlugs. Many choices and can order lubed or non lubed.
Good luck
you as well. i am shooting this big bore and it is ungodly powerful. i cannot get the weights in .357 higher than 245gr and if i use smaller dia .338 dia reload bullets i can get a 3oogr slug with a bc of 818 it is like a missle strike. well over 400fpe so whatever ya shooting, be blessed with it...

thank you for the advice. i did not know this information you are talking about and only look at the hardness of the alloy mix. if it is under 13 i buy and dont have any issues. now i dont suggest these projectiles for guns like eddgun or fx but for a cheap chinese aea gun that is going to explode on ya one day anyway, well it probably wont do more damage than any other round. the barrys bullets electroplated hollowpoints kinda scream going down the barrel but that is good warning to get the heck out of the line of fire.
now if you want soft lead pure lead (no one is using pure lead now days if they say they are , they be lying it is not cost effective for them to use pure lead and none of them do .
i have been buying from gt bullets lately and have to resize the .30cal but the .357 is great soft enough i can scratch it with my fingernail so you saying that isnt soft enough, its been the test for hundreds of years for lead quality scratch it with a fingernail and you will know. and all the graf and sons bullets i buy fear the scratch.
but you obviously want to sell someone your over priced lead . keepp it , being too soft to shoot at over 950 fps it is useless to us that want to shoot slugs. hollowpoint hollowbase dish base deep hp and quite frankly we are tired of being lied to by you casters cclaiming to use pure lead when you are softening your lead with zinc powder ruining it for us to recast. fin