AEA and JTS .30 pellets 45 grain

Are these pellets the same exact but just in differently branded tins?
The look exactly the same, same shape, same cavity, same weight. Even the black foam in the tins.
The JTS come in 100 count tins and the AEA in 150, but other than that they are identical.
Kinda like JSB with FX and other JSB variants.

I can't speak on the .30cal but the .177 JTS 10.4gr and AEA 10.3gr are remarkable similar they look the same measure the same shoot the same taste the same. Are they the same, I can't give a definitive yes or no but I am definitely leaning yes.

I have been comparing the two for about a week shooting and some measurements. Here are some weights and head sizes I wrote down .
20240412_162142.jpg
20240414_092045.jpg
20240414_092025.jpg

I have had all the JTS offerings in .22 for a good while now and last week I received 3 different .22 AEA pellets that I haven't opened yet and I am expecting the same similarities. I will get to the .22s when I'm done playing wit the .177s.

Last edited:
I can't speak on the .30cal but the .177 JTS 10.4gr and AEA 10.3gr are remarkable similar they look the same measure the same shoot the same taste the same. Are they the same, I can't give a definitive yes or no but I am definitely leaning yes.

I have been comparing the two for about a week shooting and some measurements. Here are some weights and head sizes I wrote down .
View attachment 455421View attachment 455422View attachment 455420View attachment 455421
I have had all the JTS offerings in .22 for a good while now and last week I received 3 different .22 AEA pellets that I haven't opened yet and I am expecting the same similarities. I will get to the .22s when I'm done playing wit the .177s.
Daaaaamn! That is some insane consistency! You've definitely convinced me to get some AEA/JTS pellets I already dont buy JSB, usually just FX

Reactions: Dairyboy
Anybody put these pellets in a 3d scanner and compare the shape? Same weights from whatever number of different brands...
I would bet for a case of beer that the shape is a clone inherited from a single source somewhere back in time.
I can accept that the CNC or other type or machining of each could be slightly different also the lead softness or hardness .
But clearly visible all these Brands claiming their product is better then the rest on the table.

Daaaaamn! That is some insane consistency! You've definitely convinced me to get some AEA/JTS pellets I already dont buy JSB, usually just FX
Yes I have been extremely impressed with the consistency of the AEA and JTS pellets.

I don't really know how to say this but I'll do my best. I have also had great results with JSB pellets but the consistency from batch to batch or even tin to tin of the same batch is not there it feels like a crapshoot when ordering JSB pellets and I don't want to spend the time or money sorting the orders and sorting the pellets in each tin to get consistent performance.

I wasn't Into air guns when JSB pellets hit the market so I don't know if they where once as consistent as the JTS and AEAs are now and I guess only time will tell if JTS and AEA can maintain the consistency they currently have .

These .30 are a different shape than the JSB 44.75. More truncated like the JSB 50.1 or .177 cal 10.34
The same is true of the .22-25.4ish pellets, they appear identical and are truncated by comparison to the MRD’s. They are working very well, a bit tighter feed…however they also seem to lead the barrel more than the JSB’s, and require more frequent cleaning, for me anyways.
IMG_2939.png

Last edited:
"These pellets that we sell are manufactured by JBS and come directly from the factory in the Czech Republic to our warehouse in Spain"
The above quote is directly from AEA website. I just Googled AEA pellets. (Pretty sure they meant JSB, not "JBS")
Hmm so same company, but different brand new and different dies?

"These pellets that we sell are manufactured by JBS and come directly from the factory in the Czech Republic to our warehouse in Spain"
The above quote is directly from AEA website. I just Googled AEA pellets. (Pretty sure they meant JSB, not "JBS")
That not an AEA website it's a Wolfiek group website they look like a reseller of sorts from Spain that represents several airgun brands and have a website for each of those brands.
On the site that quote is form they are talking about mostly edgun pellets ( JSB ) and also a couple styles of the JSB brand pellets. There are no AEA branded pellets on the site.
Screenshot_20240414-150319_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240414-150420_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240414-151157_Chrome.jpg

Yes I have been extremely impressed with the consistency of the AEA and JTS pellets.

I don't really know how to say this but I'll do my best. I have also had great results with JSB pellets but the consistency from batch to batch or even tin to tin of the same batch is not there it feels like a crapshoot when ordering JSB pellets and I don't want to spend the time or money sorting the orders and sorting the pellets in each tin to get consistent performance.

I wasn't Into air guns when JSB pellets hit the market so I don't know if they where once as consistent as the JTS and AEAs are now and I guess only time will tell if JTS and AEA can maintain the consistency they currently have .
Since FX is a dollar or 2 cheaper I've gone with FX. I've tried a couple tins of jsb from friends of mine and they have more so come mangled while the cans have been in pristine shape. So I've stuck with FX, that and FX have shot very well for me. I prefer the AA but they're too expensive for my taste given how much I shoot

Reactions: TimeRabbit
Reactions: TimeRabbit