• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA AEA AKA YAJ

AEA also known as YAJ (Yet Another Jam).

My AEA (whatever that stands for) had yet another jam, after the many jams I had before.

A design is deeply flawed if a bad magazine will make your trigger fail.
A failing trigger will put holes in the places you least expect (like a window).
If you are lucky it is only a window.

And that is what happened again today to me.

My AEA HP SS had many trigger failures in since I acquired it 1-2 months ago.
Today I realized that there is a trigger failure quickly, since I had plenty of experience,

I went in a safe place,
removed the stock,
got my forceps (a tool used by doctors) and picked up the pellet stuck behind the trigger.

If you want to deal with that, go buy an AEA airgun.

OK, that's it!

Sell the darn thing, be done with it, I'm tired of you bellyaching about this gun!
Firewalker, as long I have the AEA HP SS .22 cal I can complain about it.

Does anybody want to pay $300 for my AEA HP SS 22 cal, working in bolt action now ?

Maybe I will save some poor souls from my suffering.

If AEA wants to buy their crappy AEA HP SS back from me I may stop, or not.

AEA will also have to pay the $900 I paid for the broken window with a hole in it.
I have plenty of photos of that, but they will not be posted here, since I would lose my rights to my photos.

Firewalker, your financial motives, may prevent you from seeing clearly.

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker
I'd take it off your hands, and see what is up with it getting pellets behind the trigger..should'nt be able to get there..also, not know you and your situation I don't think I'd want anything in the breach and definitely leave the magazine out until it's pointed down range in a safe direction.. I can imagine how scary it would be if somehow it fires on its own.. just like a gun with too much hair trigger.. did you buy it new? I have a friend who had two and sold one but his other one quit and like you said it's bolt action now.. I'm going to have him bring it to me along with a cast iron thermostat housing to weld..so hopefully I can see how it works and why it doesn't work like it is supposed to.. I've never seen a aea in person..but I was also tempted to see what he wanted to sell it for if he decided he didn't want it..fortunately he is just 12 miles away from me..
unfortunately I have a little budget problem right now, having a hard time trying to figure out how to cover expenses and rent and everytime I think about it I'm $100 short either way 😂 but I'll have to get it figured out this week..
otherwise I'd offer to take a look at it and see if I could fix it and buy it off you.. no point in having a gun you don't like much less a chance of another accident from something apparently faulty..
now I have had a few conversations with firewalker and well he seems like he is a good guy and does a bit of modifications and repairs.. don't want to get into a argument with either of you.. but he's been good with me..
so please if you are going to have problems with it, maybe have firewalker fix it.. or I don't know where you are.. id be interested in it more so after I get my budget fixed 🤣 don't ever get disabled.. because disability doesn't pay enough to survive 🤣🤣
so PM me if you want to sell it.. think I read another post similar to this one several weeks ago but I couldn't find it if I had to.. not good enough knowledge on how to navigate the forum..
so please PM me.. let me know and send pictures.. is it the short hpss 22??
no worries I'll get my budget sorted out.. had a necessary expense I was planning on, just didn't count my savings correctly.. maybe still not counting correct 🤣🤣
also since I don't know where you are, not sure how to pay you if I buy it.. since I don't do anything electronic banking.. just cash, check, and money order.. 🤣 my favorite is cash and receipt in person 😊
I'm going to try to remember out how to PM you.. I PM with firewalker and a few others..
Mark Hooper

Pay for your broken window. You said you pulled the trigger. It was no accidental fire.

You like to spin a yarn. Liar
Why would I lie about a broken window caused by a broken trigger on my AEA?

I have nothing to sell.
I just want to warn other air gunners not to do the same thing.

With an AEA HP semiauto you cannot assume that the trigger works right.

If you look, you can find Airgun Nation posts about pellets jammed in the trigger area of the AEA HP SS air guns, including from Firewalker.

Complain away!! If this is the only way you are going to extract any satisfaction for your lost money, have at it. Just next thread title it AEA, another problem Or something to that affect. Then those who are tired of your story can pass the thread by knowing what it is about.
Your money, your story and you can tell it and all the variations as much as you like.

The AEA Challenger Pro is sold already.​
I will not sell the AEA HP SS .22 yet.​
This is the one with the pellets jammed behind the trigger at random times.​
This happened even after converting it to bolt action.​
I do not want to pass the problem to another poor air gunner.​
so I just wanted to make it a little bit clearer to myself and others..
I don't have any aea and you have not told me yet where you live, so I don't have any clue how much shipping is.. however I am volunteering to help you, either figure out what is causing the problem.. or possibly buy a gun knowing that it's broken and totally not safe.. with a understanding that it would be a used price and hopefully reflecting that it's broken.. and totally understand that it's broken..
I don't think you will get a better offer to repair it than volunteer.. not likely that anyone other than aea would do a repair for volunteer and you I'm sure would be responsible for shipping..well I assume that would depend on its value to you as is compared to shipping..

this next part is for ANYONE.. I would really like to see pictures of the gun and especially the action.. unless this is a totally different design for the breach, how can a pellet end up in the trigger group?? does anyone have pictures of this area and how it's possible??

I don't have nearly the collection of a lot of people on this forum but I do have a hatsan blitz, umarex notos and a american tactical liberty nova, which is similar to a avenger.. in the case of all my rifles I don't see any way for a pellet to get in the trigger group other than having it upside down and some loose pellet drops in the little space where the trigger is.. that said I have never seen this gun.. but none of my guns have a opening from the breach or magazine area to the trigger group..
I'm hoping before the end of the year to get together with the guy who lives in Rogue River and shoot some plus he is going to drop off his aea hpss because he has to cycle the action to fire it.. no semi auto.. I've had that problem with my blitz trying to shoot jsb redesigned heavy.. but shoots like a new gun with jsb 18 and crossman premier round nose..
so I don't know without seeing at least pictures of what is wrong..
you are welcome to PM me if you want my address, and I will look at it and figure out a solution.. if you decide to send it and then decide you don't want it.. I'm interested in a fixer upper.., I can look at it this year and tell you what I would propose for a fix, but like I said previously it would be next month before I could pay for it, if you decided to just move on to something else that works better for you..
also I believe in keeping my word.. so if you send your broken gun, you will either get the gun back or we agree on a price that is fair for both..
but this month I'd be happy to look at it for you, would probably need the fill probe, unless it's foster fill.. and if I were to purchase it, I'd want all the parts you possibly took off and how you converted? it to bolt action..
my friends rifle, he said that it was just like bolt action since he had to rack the action for each shot.. he made no changes to the gun.. not sure from what you have said, if you modify it or just like his, rack the action for each shot..
I can understand your frustration and feelings.. personally it doesn't seem like we can buy quality anymore.. I don't consider anything quality unless you can easily get parts diagram and parts.. just like my John Deere, while I think they are for me the best quality I'm frustrated that last winter the heater fan went out, except for high.. pulled the cab roof to verify if it was the motor or the speed controll resister.. it was only the speed controll resister.. so I got online the parts book and it only showed the complete blower assembly.. I was sure there was a mistake so I called to order the part.. Ford F350 the speed resister was less than $35.. but no John Deere sold only the complete assembly.. so it was like $250 and now I'm storing the used blower motor and fan assembly because my luck the other side the motor would fail right after I throw away a good motor..
this world is getting less user friendly..
so it doesn't seem to matter what you buy, it's gonna have a problem..

well it's totally up to you and fine with me either way, although I'm way too curious about how a pellet can get into the trigger group..
I don't think you will find a better offer than this one.. but your gun, your discision.. please be careful and make sure you are safe and no more accidental discharges.. it's not worth getting hurt over..

I also don't mind if others reading this thread educate me on how in the world a pellet can get out of the breach and in the trigger group.
Mark

Firewalker, as long I have the AEA HP SS .22 cal I can complain about it.

Does anybody want to pay $300 for my AEA HP SS 22 cal, working in bolt action now ?

Maybe I will save some poor souls from my suffering.

If AEA wants to buy their crappy AEA HP SS back from me I may stop, or not.

AEA will also have to pay the $900 I paid for the broken window with a hole in it.
I have plenty of photos of that, but they will not be posted here, since I would lose my rights to my photos.

Firewalker, your financial motives, may prevent you from seeing clearly.

I don't mind you poking me for posting that you need to stop bellyaching and pull up your little boy shorts up but your attempt to cast a disparaging remark by throwing out a red herring at me isn't warranted as I have no financial gain from suggesting you stop whining.

As far as your offer goes, I have $300.00 and I'll pay for shipping but the window is all yours, it's called negligent discharge since it didn't discharge all by itself.

YOU had the responsibility to secure the hammer first, you failed to do so and YOU shot your window (1st rule about gun safety).

I can send you payment tonight...

Reactions: markhooper
If there is any interest, I'll host a short discussion with pictures on the HP platform, why it pulls pellets back, what's going on with the piston and how to limit the travel speed.

The gun is solid but they were set up at the factory to be run at the lowest TP.

We had fun yesterday mag dumping 60 shots at a fender panel last night. It's quite the rush!

If there is any interest, I'll host a short discussion with pictures on the HP platform, why it pulls pellets back, what's going on with the piston and how to limit the travel speed.

The gun is solid but they were set up at the factory to be run at the lowest TP.

We had fun yesterday mag dumping 60 shots at a fender panel last night. It's quite the rush!

I had a pellet pull back and get stuck one time. Took 5 minutes to extract and then I fixed the issue, never happened since. But reading your post, I realize I forget what I did to fix it. I don't remember if I adjusted the plunger or did something with one of the magazines.

Can you explain what you mean by "set up at the factory to be run at the lowest TP" (what is TP?) ... and what you mean about limiting the travel speed of the piston?

Thanks in advance :cool:

Reactions: markhooper
The magazines carosel or star wheel becomes deformed after some jams. This will index the pellet out of alignment and cause further and increasing jamming. It is seldom one issue contributing to the gun failing. IME it is a combintion of dirt, ammo , seal failures, mags and pellet. I have mine cranked up to shoot hard. I have found slugs work much better than pellets I also found the longer the pellet or slug the better it feeds. Camfering the breech slightly may help but good mags is what you need for these guns to operate properly. Pic is a bolt from a HP Carbine and star wheel from the mag. If they are damaged or deformed you can see how they will index off center.

With that said responceibility is on the shooter for safe gun handling. For the OP's sake he better hope he doesn't damage property or someone from that gun he is compaining about. Using the gun at this point without someone who knows how to repair an airgun is neglegent. Blaming the gun as the OP is doing thread after thread only lowers value for everyone that owns one. I for one don't appreciate it.

PhotoPictureResizer_1693255800745_copy_2244x2244.jpg

The TP is the transfer port, it's the little wheel on the side with the hash marks. Straight up is wide open, 90° is as closed as you can.

The factory adjusts the gun to cycle around 2200psi but velocity is low. Most of us (ME!) open up the TP....

Oh I see. I always keep the "power wheel" on max on the HP SS. One time I hadn't noticed it was loose and slipped down to very low power setting. The gun would not cycle. I called BinTac, thinking something was broken. Figured out it was the power wheel and I make sure to keep it tight in the "max" position now. Don't see why I would want less power anyway... my HP SS 30+ gets a lot of shots before the power starts to drop... at least 4 magazines