AEA airguns US pros and cons

I have the AEA Terminator .357 from www.aeaairgun.us.com

Pros, simple design,.Zachary has always been fast on answering my questions and helping fix any issues. Works flawless with JSB pellets, cycles great.

Cons, heavy trigger.

I have had a couple of parts break from wear and tear. I shoot the .357 a lot. Zachary aided with directions on how to repair it. Simple o-rings I got from ACE hardware. One AEA part which he sent me. It was a simple process of degassing the rifle and replacing the part. All in all its a fun semi 9mm.

My Terminator has the rear folding stock and DonnyFL Ronin suppressor. This helped to reduce the weight of the rifle and silence it up.

Overall I'm happy with my Terminator. 

I purchased a 25 cal backpacker from Ebay doing a three year square trade warranty just in case. Understanding that this Chinese front outfit was probably just another Chi Com partnered outfit using some questionable Asian labor practices. So far just minor problems, but all were fixable problems via Bin Liu their good East coast supplier who supplies a one year warranty.

Pro: Chinese gun has a lot of bang for it's price point, very compact, lite, accurate and it's semi auto, overall generally very pleased as they are easy to work on or upgrade. Their listening and responding to the US market demand for new various models at an affordable yet profitable for them price point, during these current somewhat stressful economic times.

Neg: Semi auto their max fill pressure is 3400 Mpa but being unregulated the pressure must be between 1200 to 2500 to operate correctly above this and it's a single shot. Currently there is no power adjustment and it has a simple heavy trigger with no adjustment but it is pretty good as is. Had early supply delays for both guns or any spare parts, could be that over blown Chinese flu, anyway it seems to be getting up to speed now.

The 8 pound non adjustable trigger made me avoid the semiauto.

For the lack of warranty for the brand especially since they are made on China to me it's pretty darn expensive like at least triple to quadruple what I think they should sell for IMHO.

Seller must be getting rich PRETTY QUICK.

NO DOUBT

But it wont be on my dimes.

Platform needs lots of work to bring in their price points.

Anything over $60-$100 is all profit

The terminator has been a solid platform for me besides a minor issue with the safety that was easy to fix. Trigger is heavy on semi autos but still predictable so that I can get 1” and under consistent groups @50 yards with a .357 pellet. I’ve heard the bolt action guns(challenger) have a much better trigger as they don’t have to deal with the heavy tension of the semi auto mechanism. 
Fit and finish isn’t as nice as my huben or sk19 but it’s decent. Being that it’s $500 cheaper than the huben and $1100 cheaper than the sk19 it’s not a deal breaker. 

Customer service for parts and repair has been top notch. I bought mine from Bin Lu. He’s been quick to respond and very helpful when I had the minor issue. He stands behind these guns and knows them inside and out(check him out on Youtube under SigShooter). Ive heard the other dealer, Zachary, has great customer service as well. 

I bet a lot of AG manufacturers and dealers have gotten rich from our seemingly bottomless pockets. I’ve read that the Leshiy 2 sells for $1100 or less in Russia. Yet it costs us over $2000. I’m sure a chunk of that goes to export fees but how much is anyone’s guess. I believe most of these companies that have a reputation for high performance have high margins (50%+)

Reactions: MWS and Vortecsix
The terminator has been a solid platform for me besides a minor issue with the safety that was easy to fix. Trigger is heavy on semi autos but still predictable so that I can get 1” and under consistent groups @50 yards with a .357 pellet. I’ve heard the bolt action guns(challenger) have a much better trigger as they don’t have to deal with the heavy tension of the semi auto mechanism. 
Fit and finish isn’t as nice as my huben or sk19 but it’s decent. Being that it’s $500 cheaper than the huben and $1100 cheaper than the sk19 it’s not a deal breaker. 

Customer service for parts and repair has been top notch. I bought mine from Bin Lu. He’s been quick to respond and very helpful when I had the minor issue. He stands behind these guns and knows them inside and out(check him out on Youtube under SigShooter). Ive heard the other dealer, Zachary, has great customer service as well. 

I bet a lot of AG manufacturers and dealers have gotten rich from our seemingly bottomless pockets. I’ve read that the Leshiy 2 sells for $1100 or less in Russia. Yet it costs us over $2000. I’m sure a chunk of that goes to export fees but how much is anyone’s guess. I believe most of these companies that have a reputation for high performance have high margins (50%+)

OMG a successful business owner has made enough to buy a nice car!! Breaking news here. 

Maybe you should start a business and run it for decades.

I have a challenger .22 and its a very good rifle that has a ton of power just over 70fpe and is very accurate. The customer service seems to be decent if you have an issue the importer that you bought it from will help you. The rifle has been very reliable and works flawless for me.

Now the things to watch out for. 

AEA is a Chinese company that seems to not want to conform to air gun standards. Almost everything on the guns are not typical threading like the gauges is a m8 thread the threads on the barrel dont match moderator threading. The challenger has no sling mounts or lower rails. The retailer in the states are just importers and are frequently out of stock since it seems AEA is very slow to get them restocked when they put a order in.

Good things. The rifles are reliable accurate and wont break the bank and seem to produce lots of power. My challenger seems lo not be pellet or slug picky. It has shot everything I put through it very well aside from the .217 slugs I tried but .218 are great.