• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA airguns any good ??

Can you post an instruction to polish the AEA Challenger 357 and the Varmint? I got both of those and the trigger is 10 lbs on challenger an 5lbs on the varmint
That ship sailed long ago when I did the work. I will be opening up the Varmint shortly and can take some pix but I am no youtuber so no video.

Found a pic I took when I did mine. This is for a HP Carbine. Hammer and sear may look different but contact areas are obvious if you look close at how it works. Others may chip in with more specific info. The hammer, sear, trigger, though somewhat different on my rifles are similar. If after changing springs the rifle will not recock when fired it could be either spring but trigger has to have enough spring tension to toggle by sear to recock. Change back to OEM one spring at a time to find the culprit. If rifle goes full auto put sear OEM spring back in. Use moly grease or Krytox to lube. Krytox works better in cold weather. Do not use Krytox and oil based lubes together. You have to pull the trigger guard to get at the parts. Make sure its not cocked.

Trigger is on left of spring
Polish top rear side of trigger

Hammer is left of spring at top
Polish the ring all way around that is at an angle.

Sear is right of spring
Polish left side of hump located at left bottom of sear in Pic.

Polish top side of sear just right of hole
Polish guide rod far right

I would not clip OEM springs go to ace hardware and buy similar springs to experiment with. Find springs that have slightly less tension.

1650.jpg

Last edited: